• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Shot Survivor

richarcm

imported post

GUN SHOT SURVIVOR Linda Burnett , 23, a resident of San Diego, was visiting her in-laws and while there went to a nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries. Several people noticed her sitting in her car with the windows rolled up and with her eyes closed, with both hands behind the back of her head.

One customer who had been at the store for a while became concerned and walked over to the car. He noticed that Linda's eyes were now open, and she looked very strange. He asked her if she was okay, and Linda replied that she had been shot in the back of the head, and had been holding her brains in for over an hour. The man called the paramedics, who broke into the car because the doors were locked and Linda refused to remove her hands from her head.

When they finally got in, they found that Linda had a wad of bread dough on the back of her head. A Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded from the heat, making a loud noise that sounded like a gunshot, and the wad of dough hit her in the back of her head. When she reached back to find out what it was, she felt the dough and thought it was her brains. She initially passed out, but quickly recovered. Linda is a blonde, a Democrat, and an Obama supporter, but that could be irrelevant.

Decoligny

imported post

This has absolutely no purpose for this post other than to push forward a political position.

It is not firearms related, it is not OC related.

This story has been going around for decades.If it ever really did happen, I doubtthat the person to whom it happenedwas an Obama supporter, as Obama hasn't been in politics for decades.

richarcm

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
This has absolutely no purpose for this post other than to push forward a political position.

It is not firearms related, it is not OC related.

This story has been going around for decades.If it ever really did happen, I doubtthat the person to whom it happenedwas an Obama supporter, as Obama hasn't been in politics for decades.
No DUH!!!

Decoligny

imported post

Then take the time to go back and read the forum rules again.

2) Since we are a site dedicated to open carry,firearms and gun rights, all posts should relate substantially to one of these topics, even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom andliberty.

Your post is just wasting bandwidth.

richarcm

imported post

Perhaps you should read what the GENERAL DISCUSSION is for:

"Use this area for discussions that are somewhat off-topic or that do not fit anywhere else. Topics should still be related to the focus of the forum and all other rules of behavior still apply here."

The focus is on firearms and a politician who is has proven himself to be consistently anti-gun. I also do not see any rules of "behavior" being broken.

If you are not united in keeping said president from the White House then you are not THAT concerned about your 2nd Amendment Rights. I am. This is personal and I take it seriously. If a moderator wants this deleted or locked..fine. But I see NOTHING wrong with this and see the theme as CRUCIAL to everything that everyone on this board is interested in.....being "allowed" to keep and bear arms. If that isn't "firearm related"...please tell me what is....

ODA 226

imported post

And besides...this story has been told many times over the years and does have a basis in truth. I think Mythbusters did a segment on this last year.