• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry weapon confiscated

machron1

imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
Bookman wrote:
It's disgraceful. He's an elderly man; not a terrorist.
But....but....they have to end the walking cane violence!
That's true. I mean, even if he didn't use it for violence, I'm sure many would have been frightened enough at the prospect of him wielding his walking stick in a violent manner to warrant a preemptive arrest. Think of the children! One of them could have been frightened!

I can't believe they let him just walk away...or shuffle, or stumble, or crawl, or whatever sinister form of locomotion people who use "walking sticks," or, "weapons of mass deforestation" as I call them, don't have one.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Drive-by 'stickings' are up...

Then... there's those crutch muggers 'n walker thugs... :uhoh: They're everywhere...

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Next, they'll be putting women face down on the sidewalk and stripping them of their panty hose. Can't have anyone carrying around strangulation devises. Do the men ahve to register their neck ties, yet?

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
since9 wrote:
I suppose we'll next witness a prohibition against carrying shopping bags to one's car, as they, along with purses, are potential weapons too.

Wow, I think you may have won a necropost trophy for this one! You realize this thread died over a year ago, right?

http://www.forumspile.com/Old-LastYearAirlines.jpg

I've never understood why a "necropost" to a thread that contains culturally relevant topical information is a bad thing. I say "necropost" away!

KBCraig

imported post

When a thread is still on the original topic, and only a page or two long (less than one page, in this case), then go ahead and get your necro-freak on like Lazarus.

If it's strayed way off topic, or is many pages long, then start a new thread.

Dreamer

imported post

Well, you all DO know that since they've pretty much made firearms illegal in the UK, that the most common form of murder there is "bludgeoning".

If the statistics are correct, then this guy WAS carrying a dangerous weapon. :shock:

I wonder when the police will start rounding up the cricket players?... :banghead:

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Dreamer wrote:
Well, you all DO know that since they've pretty much made firearms illegal in the UK, that the most common form of murder there is "bludgeoning".

If the statistics are correct, then this guy WAS carrying a dangerous weapon.   :shock:

I wonder when the police will start rounding up the cricket players?...   :banghead:

I think you should start rounding up the construction worker's. "Impact" drills, nail "guns", steel toed boots. I shudder to think what mayhem a lone dry-waller on a rampage could cause.

Powder actuated nail gun (.22 blanks):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTDlMwWwqNk

/sarcasm

Old Grump

imported post

I can see this happening here too. Police were in riot gear and obviously trying to get anything that could be used as a weapon away from all those radical activists. My orthopedic surgeon wants me to give up my cane and crutches and trade them in on a walking staff. Says it would be better for my posture and easier on my shoulders. Walking down that street with a 60" walking staff probably could get me slammed to the ground and a trip to the insulated rubber room where nobody could hear my head getting whacked with the telephone book. I'm not 78 yet but I do walk slow have white hair and a beard and am obviously at least as dangerous as on old man with a cane.

I wonder if he ever got the replacement cane and if it was as good as the old one. Wouldn't bet on it.