Thread: firearms in car in parking lot

Post imported post

we were told by our company that we couldent have any firearms in our cars im company parking lots. the company has lots of different places to park in a few different states. i park in KY and found KY Revised Statuets that give me the right to have my gun in my car. but i cnat find anything for Missouri. any of you guys (or girls ) know if there is a law like that, and where i can find it to print.

Post imported post

Heres a link http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C500-599/5710000030.HTM,that will cover this,Yes you can legally carry the weapon in your car,but dont tell anybody at work that you do,or they could tell your employer,its not against the LAW,but the employer has the right to suggest no employees bring weapons on their private property.Section 3 covers this.
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Post imported post

Heres an easier link to understand..http://www.missouricarry.com/mocarry_faq.htm
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Post imported post

Richieg150 wrote:
    Heres a link http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C500-599/5710000030.HTM,that will cover this,Yes you can legally carry the weapon in your car,but dont tell anybody at work that you do,or they could tell your employer,its not against the LAW,but the employer has the right to suggest no employees bring weapons on their private property.Section 3 covers this.
    The new laws in Missouri do not allow company's to stop any one from keeping a gun in there car, we are protected by our new law, but it is a good idea not to let anyone know about your gun it could easily be stolen from the car.

Post imported post

Nothing protects a Missouri employee from being terminated for firearms on employer property if such prohibition is company policy. It does protect them from being arrested even though there would be a good chance the local LEO will provide a further hassle if called in.

Mack 12ga. wrote:
    Richieg150 wrote:
    The new laws in Missouri do not allow company's to stop any one from keeping a gun in there car, we are protected by our new law, but it is a good idea not to let anyone know about your gun it could easily be stolen from the car.

Post imported post

Best advice: Put it in your 'locked' glove box and keep yer mouth shut.

Post imported post

If your employer finds out they can fire you for it and there is nothing you can do about it since Missouri is not a right to work state.