• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

firearms in car in parking lot

Timmer

imported post

we were told by our company that we couldent have any firearms in our cars im company parking lots. the company has lots of different places to park in a few different states. i park in KY and found KY Revised Statuets that give me the right to have my gun in my car. but i cnat find anything for Missouri. any of you guys (or girls ;) ) know if there is a law like that, and where i can find it to print.

Mack 12ga.

imported post

Richieg150 wrote:
Heres a link http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C500-599/5710000030.HTM,that will cover this,Yes you can legally carry the weapon in your car,but dont tell anybody at work that you do,or they could tell your employer,its not against the LAW,but the employer has the right to suggest no employees bring weapons on their private property.Section 3 covers this.
The new laws in Missouri do not allow company's to stop any one from keeping a gun in there car, we are protected by our new law, but it is a good idea not to let anyone know about your gun it could easily be stolen from the car.

captainamerica

imported post

Nothing protects a Missouri employee from being terminated for firearms on employer property if such prohibition is company policy. It does protect them from being arrested even though there would be a good chance the local LEO will provide a further hassle if called in.

Mack 12ga. wrote:
Richieg150 wrote:
Heres a link http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C500-599/5710000030.HTM,that will cover this,Yes you can legally carry the weapon in your car,but dont tell anybody at work that you do,or they could tell your employer,its not against the LAW,but the employer has the right to suggest no employees bring weapons on their private property.Section 3 covers this.
The new laws in Missouri do not allow company's to stop any one from keeping a gun in there car, we are protected by our new law, but it is a good idea not to let anyone know about your gun it could easily be stolen from the car.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Best advice: Put it in your 'locked' glove box and keep yer mouth shut.

josh_scci

imported post

If your employer finds out they can fire you for it and there is nothing you can do about it since Missouri is not a right to work state.