------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Okay guys, we've got three weekends/six weekend-days left in the month:

Sat, Oct. 11th
    Sun, Oct. 12th
    Sat, Oct 18th
    Sun, Oct 19th
    Sat, Oct 25th
    Sun, Oct 26th

I prefer either Sat, Oct 11 or Sat, Oct 25th due to my travel schedule into Oregon.

Part of me wants to aim for the Salem-ish area to try to involve our friends further south, but a different part of me is coming form Seattle and has to pay for gas...

So do we wanna aim for portland-beaverton-hillsboro like usual? Or can we all figure out a way to carpool South?

Open to suggestions for places to meet. I'll toss out any Red Robin or Outback Steakhouse as a suggestion...

Post imported post

MY wife has good friends in Salem so it would be an easy sell for me. The Salem Busters BBQ would be a good place to meet.

On a side note I see you two are both from Gresham. I live there also and wouldbe all for a mini meet-up during the week in the evenings some time.

Post imported post

FREEDOM_FOREVER wrote:
    The Salem Busters BBQ would be a good place to meet.
    Would HAVE BEEN. News story last week (I think last week) said that they closed that location due to a down turn in the economy and now only have the Tigard store... :X

-adamsesq

Post imported post

I live in Oregon, but I'm working in Seattle right now, so it's actually not convenient for me to have a meet near home.

We could always have the meet in Gresham... They are not a banned city, and there hasn't yet been a meet there, to my knowledge.

We also need to decide on the date. I'm going to put in my vote for the 25th, since that gives the most warning time and is also better for me.

Post imported post

There just happens to be a Busters in Gresham!I OC there on a weekly basis.

Post imported post

The 25th works perfect for me, it's the only day all month I don't have something planned.

Post imported post

There's no Buster's up north where I am, so it would definitely be nice to have some again, since I love it.

For bonus points, the Buster's in Gresham is right down the street from my house, so it's not even a drive.

Post imported post

grishnav wrote:
    For bonus points, the Buster's in Gresham is right down the street from my house, so it's not even a drive.
    Same, haha, I could walk there in about 5 minutes. If you wanna do a mini-meet some time freedom, let me know. I'm game for something like that just about any day of the week.

Post imported post

Hmm...

Well, I don't think I have time to pack two meets into one weekend, but if us Greshamites/Eastsiders want to do a mini meet, say, Halloween weekend (Sat., Nov 1, high noon at Busters), I'm down with that. Somebody else want to start a thread, or should I?

You guys are of course free to get together whenever you want while I'm not in Town!

Do we still wanna try to aim the big-meet generally south to get our friends from Eugene/Salem, or just do the usual Portland-Hillsboro area that seems to be most central for the core group? Or did everyone else fall asleep and it's just us eastside folks keeping the movement alive. :P

Back to the big meet... I'm thinking Hillsboro area myself. No ban for non-CHLs, and shouldn't be a problem to find a decent place to eat.

Gresham wouldn't be a bad place to have the big meet, except that most of the group seems to be spread out around Portland, and having it out here would be pretty one-sided. That said, Gresham is just off 84, and isn't a banned city, so...

But either way, I had no idea so many folks sprung up in Gresham while I was gone. Should be no problem to organize a carpool for us east-siders, whether we head west or south.

I say we give another couple of days to give the west/south siders a chance to respond, and then we call it. Then we'll pick a specific place and be all set!

As for the date, I think I'm going to call it for the 25th. Cool?

Post imported post

Yes the 25th. nail down a location and lets do it.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I'm game for the 25th. I'll have to be mindful of when/where as I have plans in the evening, but I could probably do either, PDX or Salem.

Ken

Post imported post

well I'm new to open carry community, but myself and a buddy would be down for coming to this.

that's cool right??

thanks

Post imported post

I'm in Springfield, I could probably make something no farther north than Salem...

And I have no idea of any places to suggest in Salem/Albany/Corvallis area.

...Orygunner...

Post imported post

Oh, you just KNOW I'm in!:P

Post imported post

codegeek2004 wrote:
    well I'm new to open carry community, but myself and a buddy would be down for coming to this.

that's cool right??

thanks
    Come one, come all.

Do you have an Oregon CHL?

Post imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
    Oh, you just KNOW I'm in!:P
    Yay!

Post imported post

nope that is why it will be interesting to find out which city it will be in. if i cant carry then it looks I'll be coming "naked"

Post imported post

So I guess the question becomes: Are people still willing to come if we hit Salem?

Keeping in mind Salem is a banned city, IIRC.

I've been craving Outback or Red Robin lately, and seeing as there is no longer a Buster's in Salem, I'll toss these out:

#1:
    Red Robin
    3760 Center St NE
    (503) 362-9666

Alternate:
    Outback Steakhouse
    2285 Lancaster Dr NE
    (503) 399-3700

Any other suggestions?

I can take three comfortably in my car, four if we cram (five seat belts total). I'll be coming from Gresham... So maybe grab the Greshamites and Phssphtok?

That means the rest of the gang would need to organize their own carpool.

Post imported post

Salem firearms codes are in Chapter 95:

http://www.cityofsalem.net/export/de...codes/ch95.pdf

Post imported post

codegeek2004 wrote:
    nope that is why it will be interesting to find out which city it will be in. if i cant carry then it looks I'll be coming "naked"
    You could carry unloaded.

Post imported post

this is true, let me talk to my buddy, and I'll see what I can do, outback sounds real good lol

Post imported post

grishnav wrote:
    codegeek2004 wrote:
    You could carry unloaded.
    If we go to a 'banned' city then that's what I'll be doing since I don't have an Oregon CPL. You won't have to feel alone in your unloaded carry.

Post imported post

forgive me i dont know the Oregon laws anywhere near as well as i know the Washington ones. if i dont have a CPL does that mean i cant carry any rounds on me, or can i carry loaded mags in a mag holder on my belt?

Thanks

Post imported post

codegeek2004 wrote:
    forgive me i dont know the Oregon laws anywhere near as well as i know the Washington ones. if i dont have a CPL does that mean i cant carry any rounds on me, or can i carry loaded mags in a mag holder on my belt?

Thanks
    If you don't have a CHL (CHL in Oregon, CPL/LTCCP in Washington), then you can't carry into public buildings, and you don't get the full protection from preemption: The state allows the city to pass restrictions on loaded open carry.

So to find out exactly what you can and can't do, you have to refer to the cities individual codes.

Salems just seems to indicate that you can't carry a loaded firearm, whereas Portland's says that you can't even have a loaded magazine (but you can have loose rounds). I only very briefly looked over Salem's though. Read it more carefully and be sure you understand it yourself.

Post imported post

Red Robin or Outback in Salem is fine for me. I'm not 100% sure I can make it yet, but unless something else comes up, I'll be there.

Depending on if the wife and kidscome or not, I MAY have room for 1 ora fewother Eugenians or Springfielders in the car.

I was looking at the Salem statutes, and it says posession of Loaded firearms IS prohibited in public places as defined by ORS 161.015, which defines it as:

161.015 General definitions.
    (10) “Public place” means a place to which the general public has access and includes, but is not limited to, hallways, lobbies and other parts of apartment houses and hotels not constituting rooms or apartments designed for actual residence, and highways, streets, schools, places of amusement, parks, playgrounds and premises used in connection with public passenger transportation.

Is a Restaurant a public place? The "not limited to" kinda leaves it open for discretion.

However, unlike Portland, it doesn't seem the Salem law specificallydefines "loaded". The only Oregon law I can find that defines Loaded is:

166.360 Definitions for ORS 166.360 to 166.380
    (3) “Loaded firearm” means:
    (a) A breech-loading firearm in which there is an unexpended cartridge or shell in or attached to the firearm including but not limited to, in a chamber, magazine or clip which is attached to the firearm.

If Salem follows that definition, then I would think a loaded magazine on the person (not attached to the firearm) would be acceptable.But I Am Not A Lawyer, and my CHL exempts me anyway.

...Orygunner...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast