• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

October Meetup

Phssthpok

imported post

grishnav wrote:
codegeek2004 wrote:
nope that is why it will be interesting to find out which city it will be in. if i cant carry then it looks I'll be coming "naked"
You could carry unloaded.
If we go to a 'banned' city then that's what I'll be doing since I don't have an Oregon CPL. You won't have to feel alone in your unloaded carry.;)

codegeek2004

imported post

forgive me i dont know the Oregon laws anywhere near as well as i know the Washington ones. if i dont have a CPL does that mean i cant carry any rounds on me, or can i carry loaded mags in a mag holder on my belt?

Thanks

grishnav

imported post

codegeek2004 wrote:
forgive me i dont know the Oregon laws anywhere near as well as i know the Washington ones. if i dont have a CPL does that mean i cant carry any rounds on me, or can i carry loaded mags in a mag holder on my belt?

Thanks
If you don't have a CHL (CHL in Oregon, CPL/LTCCP in Washington), then you can't carry into public buildings, and you don't get the full protection from preemption: The state allows the city to pass restrictions on loaded open carry.

So to find out exactly what you can and can't do, you have to refer to the cities individual codes.

Salems just seems to indicate that you can't carry a loaded firearm, whereas Portland's says that you can't even have a loaded magazine (but you can have loose rounds). I only very briefly looked over Salem's though. Read it more carefully and be sure you understand it yourself.

Orygunner

imported post

Red Robin or Outback in Salem is fine for me. I'm not 100% sure I can make it yet, but unless something else comes up, I'll be there.

Depending on if the wife and kidscome or not, I MAY have room for 1 ora fewother Eugenians or Springfielders in the car.

I was looking at the Salem statutes, and it says posession of Loaded firearms IS prohibited in public places as defined by ORS 161.015, which defines it as:

161.015 General definitions.
(10) “Public place” means a place to which the general public has access and includes, but is not limited to, hallways, lobbies and other parts of apartment houses and hotels not constituting rooms or apartments designed for actual residence, and highways, streets, schools, places of amusement, parks, playgrounds and premises used in connection with public passenger transportation.

Is a Restaurant a public place? The "not limited to" kinda leaves it open for discretion.

However, unlike Portland, it doesn't seem the Salem law specificallydefines "loaded". The only Oregon law I can find that defines Loaded is:

166.360 Definitions for ORS 166.360 to 166.380
(3) “Loaded firearm” means:
(a) A breech-loading firearm in which there is an unexpended cartridge or shell in or attached to the firearm including but not limited to, in a chamber, magazine or clip which is attached to the firearm.

If Salem follows that definition, then I would think a loaded magazine on the person (not attached to the firearm) would be acceptable.But I Am Not A Lawyer, and my CHL exempts me anyway. ;)

...Orygunner...

Phssthpok

imported post

Has a time/location been selected yet?

I have a 'thing' happening on Saturday Oct. 25 so a lunch is not do-able for me, but I might be able to slip away for an evening meet.

SetivaSicWood

imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
Has a time/location been selected yet?

I have a 'thing' happening on Saturday Oct. 25 so a lunch is not do-able for me, but I might be able to slip away for an evening meet.

A evening get together would suit my schedule better as well. It's the last weekend of the Coho seson and a run of fresh fish ispoised to arrive on productive tides that weekend.....

Orygunner

imported post

Yeah, Evening may work better for me too. I just may go visit a relative in Longview, WA that Saturday morning, and catch the get-together in Salem on the way back to Springfield.

Unfortunately, that means I couldn't carpool with, or offer rides to anyone else from Eugene/Springfield :(

...C'mon, it's 10 days away, who all is going?...
...Orygunner...

Orygunner

imported post

grishnav wrote:
Puddin99 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that I can do an evening. Are we still targeting Salem?
I've heard 1 for, and 0 against Salem, so so far we still are... :)

Was I the 1 for? If not, make that 2 for. It's easier for me to make Salem than the Portland area, especially for an Evening meet.

...Orygunner...

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Let's firm up a time/place for this (Sat evening dinner). I'm assuming everyone is up for the Salem location. We need to know where and what time. I know nothing about the Salem area.

Ken

Orygunner

imported post

OK. I'll Be there. Still not sure if it's going to be just me, or the wife & two kids, too...

I'm still hoping others from Eugene/Springfield can make it up there, too...?

...Orygunner...

Orygunner

imported post

I just sent PMs to several recent posters from the Eugene/Springfield area telling them the time and place, so I hope more of us from this area can make it.

...Looking forward to meeting some of you!...
...Orygunner...

JBURGII

imported post

I really want to make it. I am still fighting my schedule. Hope I get to make it..