• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

October Meetup

grishnav

imported post

2285 Lancaster Dr NE
Salem, OR 97305

(503) 399-3700
Oct. 25th. 7pm.

Google Map

See y'all there!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay guys, we've got three weekends/six weekend-days left in the month:

Sat, Oct. 11th
Sun, Oct. 12th
Sat, Oct 18th
Sun, Oct 19th
Sat, Oct 25th
Sun, Oct 26th

I prefer either Sat, Oct 11 or Sat, Oct 25th due to my travel schedule into Oregon.

Part of me wants to aim for the Salem-ish area to try to involve our friends further south, but a different part of me is coming form Seattle and has to pay for gas...

So do we wanna aim for portland-beaverton-hillsboro like usual? Or can we all figure out a way to carpool South?

Open to suggestions for places to meet. I'll toss out any Red Robin or Outback Steakhouse as a suggestion...

FREEDOM_FOREVER

imported post

MY wife has good friends in Salem so it would be an easy sell for me. The Salem Busters BBQ would be a good place to meet.

On a side note I see you two are both from Gresham. I live there also and wouldbe all for a mini meet-up during the week in the evenings some time.

adamsesq

imported post

FREEDOM_FOREVER wrote:
The Salem Busters BBQ would be a good place to meet.

Would HAVE BEEN. News story last week (I think last week) said that they closed that location due to a down turn in the economy and now only have the Tigard store... :X

-adamsesq

grishnav

imported post

I live in Oregon, but I'm working in Seattle right now, so it's actually not convenient for me to have a meet near home. :p

We could always have the meet in Gresham... They are not a banned city, and there hasn't yet been a meet there, to my knowledge.

We also need to decide on the date. I'm going to put in my vote for the 25th, since that gives the most warning time and is also better for me.

grishnav

imported post

There's no Buster's up north where I am, so it would definitely be nice to have some again, since I love it.

For bonus points, the Buster's in Gresham is right down the street from my house, so it's not even a drive.

brbourdo

imported post

grishnav wrote:
For bonus points, the Buster's in Gresham is right down the street from my house, so it's not even a drive.
Same, haha, I could walk there in about 5 minutes. If you wanna do a mini-meet some time freedom, let me know. I'm game for something like that just about any day of the week. :)

grishnav

imported post

Hmm...

Well, I don't think I have time to pack two meets into one weekend, but if us Greshamites/Eastsiders want to do a mini meet, say, Halloween weekend (Sat., Nov 1, high noon at Busters), I'm down with that. Somebody else want to start a thread, or should I?

You guys are of course free to get together whenever you want while I'm not in Town!

Do we still wanna try to aim the big-meet generally south to get our friends from Eugene/Salem, or just do the usual Portland-Hillsboro area that seems to be most central for the core group? Or did everyone else fall asleep and it's just us eastside folks keeping the movement alive. :p

Back to the big meet... I'm thinking Hillsboro area myself. No ban for non-CHLs, and shouldn't be a problem to find a decent place to eat.

Gresham wouldn't be a bad place to have the big meet, except that most of the group seems to be spread out around Portland, and having it out here would be pretty one-sided. That said, Gresham is just off 84, and isn't a banned city, so...

But either way, I had no idea so many folks sprung up in Gresham while I was gone. Should be no problem to organize a carpool for us east-siders, whether we head west or south.

I say we give another couple of days to give the west/south siders a chance to respond, and then we call it. Then we'll pick a specific place and be all set!

As for the date, I think I'm going to call it for the 25th. Cool?

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm game for the 25th. I'll have to be mindful of when/where as I have plans in the evening, but I could probably do either, PDX or Salem.

Ken

Orygunner

imported post

I'm in Springfield, I could probably make something no farther north than Salem...

And I have no idea of any places to suggest in Salem/Albany/Corvallis area.

...Orygunner...

grishnav

imported post

So I guess the question becomes: Are people still willing to come if we hit Salem?

Keeping in mind Salem is a banned city, IIRC.

I've been craving Outback or Red Robin lately, and seeing as there is no longer a Buster's in Salem, I'll toss these out:

#1:
Red Robin
3760 Center St NE
(503) 362-9666

Alternate:
Outback Steakhouse
2285 Lancaster Dr NE
(503) 399-3700

Any other suggestions?

I can take three comfortably in my car, four if we cram (five seat belts total). I'll be coming from Gresham... So maybe grab the Greshamites and Phssphtok?

That means the rest of the gang would need to organize their own carpool.