Thread: Airport carry?

Post imported post

Can someone clarify for me?

Louisville International Airport has a sign that says no firearms. Kentucky law states the following about not being able to conceal carry:

"Areas within an airport where restricted access is controlled by the inspection of persons or property."

Does this mean if your allowed to conceal carry if you waiting for someone to arrive since it's not restricted access or does the no firearms sign nullify that?

Post imported post

If there are signs denying your right to carry, then you must cede to them.

My take is absolutely NO to restricted area for sure. Carrying NOT allowed in posted areas (entire airport ?) but would be subject to your eviction only.

Anyone else?

Post imported post

+1 MrMitch

Well, it's not against the law to carry outside of the secured area of the airport. Eviction would most likely be the only penalty you would suffer by carrying in the front of the airport.

Post imported post

I think you'd risk a 'gang-tackle' type response at the airport, but technically, it's not a 'prohibited place'.

The Louisville Zoo was posted (contrary to state law) when I visited there a few years ago.

Mike

Post imported post

when I was moving to kentucky I was reading the gun laws of kentucky. I read up on supreme court rulings stating that the city of louisville was permitted to make city property gun free zones, and I don't know for what reason. I believe this had to do with the university prohibiting firearms. Does anyone know what case I am referring to?

Post imported post

tito.....I believe lots of,if not all Ky cities have that right on THIER property. I know Bardstown and New Haven do. I think (ouch) it's also mentioned when you get your CDWL.

Post imported post

tito887 wrote:
    when I was moving to kentucky I was reading the gun laws of kentucky. I read up on supreme court rulings stating that the city of louisville was permitted to make city property gun free zones, and I don't know for what reason. I believe this had to do with the university prohibiting firearms. Does anyone know what case I am referring to?
    No, not familiar with anything like that. Cities in KY do have the ability to ban CONCEALED WEAPONS in BUILDINGS (only), but not open carry, and not merely on their property.