• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

starting a sioux falls informal club

jamieg25

imported post

i live in sioux falls and want to get all of us in this area together as a informal club to have range buddies and with the price of gas and distance to a decent range maybe a club carpool and share gas expense of going as well

just a thought so send me a message if interested

docster68

imported post

If you travel west river much, look me up. I frequent the ranges out here (Black Hills Area) on a regular basis. Is there any possibility of an area that the locals could in essence turn into a "shooting range" such as what has been done west river? Biggest flaw of a make-shift range is people not picking up after themselves. Which brings another issue, start a "range-pickup" day with local volunteers.

Take care.

jamieg25

imported post

i do not get west river at all

as far as a area that can be turned into a range around here that is not much of a possibility since everything is so close to a road and farther back is always private land so to turn a area into a range you would need one of the people that own the land with you

docster68

imported post

Well,, that pretty much kills any idea of a good range (on your own anyways). Im not familiar with much west river of "formal" ranges. We do manage to travel through Sioux Falls, but that is only twice a year back to southern IL.

Good luck with your searches.

AmmoHouse

imported post

People not picking up their targets is a big concern.

I get tired of going to Farmingdale or down Beretta Roadand seeing all the trash!!!!

I don't understand why folks do that.

The Fiercest Beard

imported post

im at Gary's almost every friday after work around 6:30 - 7:eek:o.

I'm currently renting guns from Pat T. out of the case, in the quest for the ideal weapon for me.

really enjoy the hell out of the GP-100, the one in the case is a little big for EDC.

but really am interested in a ROSSI 462... six rounds of .357, in a SS finish, and under $300 NIB... i would love to have a S&W LS model 60... but i dont want to save for 3 months to buy it.

jamieg25

imported post

i do not have a car so getting to west river is not possible and the city bus stops running at 645 pm and they do not let you travel with your guns anyway and this is why i have another problem that i posted in another topic of how to get a new handgun home without breaking the concealed carry laws and not putting it in the trunk of a cab because they take off as soon as you get out of the car and i already lost hundreds of dollars in groceries that way so i do not want to give the chance to buy a handgun that the driver will take home after driving off without letting me get it out of the trunk

also someone suggested that i ask a lawyer but lawyers in my experience will not answer a question without asking for a $5000 retainer first and i can buy a used car for that and have my own trunk that will stay wherever i want it to stay and then problem solved