• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Revised Richmond October OC Dinner

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

papabear wrote:
New to this site, I will try and make this outing, I am supposing all are welcome.Just started looking at this site 2 days ago , very imformative.Hope to make it there.Informal meeting I hope.Are 16 year old children ok at this meet ?
A hearty welcome to OCDO and hopefully to our local dinner. We do this once each month - generally on the second Tuesday - just look for a new posting about a week in advance. Your young man in residence is particularly welcome - thank you for encouraging him.

We tend to meet up (optional) in the parking lot a little before 7:00 - that way we can go in as a group. Then there is the sidewalk/tail gate gathering after eating where the conversation can get very "deep."

Let's eat!

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

sidestreet wrote:
Dang, I'm out of town that week! I really like Zorba's too! Oh well, extreme outside chance I could make it. Have fun guys!
Put you down as a possible possible - hope you can attend. We have missed you.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

bnkrazy wrote:
Two maybe's, depending on if we can get a sitter.
Just really paid attention to the "if we can get a sitter" caveat.

You can always OC the little ones. :D

I do understand the desire to have an evening out unincumbered though.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

essayons wrote:
Ordered a SERPA, should be here by Tues. Looking forward to trying it out :D
SERPAs are great - do not get frustrated with the new draw stroke requirement.

I find that "pushing the button" is not the best technique. Simply let your extended index figer slide over the release and there is no lost motion. This method makes presenting from a SERPA extremely quick and smooth.

I am surprised that you had to order one though - the local stock has been outstanding. Look forward to see it.

Yata hey

sitedzn

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
bnkrazy wrote:
Two maybe's, depending on if we can get a sitter.
Just really paid attention to the "if we can get a sitter" caveat.

You can always OC the little ones. :D

I do understand the desire to have an evening out unincumbered though.

Yata hey

Absolutely! I OC the kids every time I come out to dinner (6 and 22 months). Then again, I think it's been like 5 or 6 months since I've made one.:banghead:

Unfortunately right now, Tuesday is like my only day to rest - and I usually end up cutting grass or something.:cuss:

essayons

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
essayons wrote:
Ordered a SERPA, should be here by Tues. Looking forward to trying it out :D
SERPAs are great - do not get frustrated with the new draw stroke requirement.

I find that "pushing the button" is not the best technique. Simply let your extended index figer slide over the release and there is no lost motion. This method makes presenting from a SERPA extremely quick and smooth.

I am surprised that you had to order one though - the local stock has been outstanding. Look forward to see it.

Yata hey

I do usually try to support my local shop (DeGoff's), but I was ordering a few things they didn't stock off MidwayUSA and decided since I was already paying shipping I would save a few bucks on the SERPA.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

sitedzn wrote:
Absolutely! I OC the kids every time I come out to dinner (6 and 22 months). Then again, I think it's been like 5 or 6 months since I've made one.:banghead:

Unfortunately right now, Tuesday is like my only day to rest - and I usually end up cutting grass or something.:cuss:
Been 5 or 6 months since you made one :shock: You are talking about the dinners - right?

It's too dark to cut grass after 7:00 PM so maybe you can make another one. :D

Yata hey

sitedzn

imported post

Bigger problem now is kid in school. Kinda puts a damper on family activities during the week.

I'd like to just come to dinner solo so I can ride the bike and get a little MCOC in. But I'd probably hear about it for a week or 2.:uhoh:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

sitedzn wrote:
Bigger problem now is kid in school. Kinda puts a damper on family activities during the week.

I'd like to just come to dinner solo so I can ride the bike and get a little MCOC in. But I'd probably hear about it for a week or 2.:uhoh:
Darn, it's a long time 'til school is out. :(

Yata hey

sitedzn

imported post

Well, it's a done deal. No way I'm going to be there this month. As my 1 day with no scheduled events, I'm now filling my calendar to be in the woods. Saw 2 bucks about 2 1/2 hours ago while in my stand. 1 was 30 yds, but I had been "dealing" with my son (he wanted to come along). So we got to watch him walk all around us as I never got a chance to draw on him. 2nd was 60 yds, and he was going to town on a tree. 2nd was less than 5 minutes after 1st. I thought I had 100% clear shot at 60, so I took it, only to find out there were a few branches near him - deflected low, clean miss. I checked out the area, no blood. Had it only been ML season! I'd have been :celebrateand posting pics.

SO, long story short, I'll miss you guys again. I'll be OCing in the woods again.

Butlerite

imported post

Man, I am juiced up for this! Looking forward to listening to my friends in Va! And Greek & Italian foods work well, too!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

PA-Carry wrote:
Man, I am juiced up for this! Looking forward to listening to my friends in Va! And Greek & Italian foods work well, too
Take a nap, bring a lawn chair and a soda so that you will be properly prepared for the post dinner conversation. Also a few quarters would not hurt.:D

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Long lengthy highjacking on the previous thread created problems with reading and RSVPs.
Please be a good citizen and post only direct thoughts & confirmations here.

Richmond OC dinner

Tuesday, Oct. 14th - 7:00 PM

Zorba's Restaurant
Greek & Italian Cuisine
9068 W. Broad St.
Tuckernuck Shopping Center
1/8 mile past the West Tower theater sign
270-6026 when heading west on W. Broad Street

Map: http://tinyurl.com/4b5mkr

Confirmed + Possible

hlh................. 2 Bring a new guest
Skidmark......... 1 .............1 Children always welcome
Grapeshot........ 2
Pa Carry........... 1
Spectre............ 1

ltharris ............ 2
67GT390FB...... 1 .............1
bnkrazy............ .............2
ProShooter....... .............1
KnightSG7........ .............1
SFDoc.............. 2
ballester........... .............1
essayons.......... .............1
papabear.......... .............2
sidestreet......... .............?

Yata hey

Attached Image (viewed 2 times): Post RSVPs or
relative comments below.

Butlerite

imported post

Bump...

Well, I am in Richmond. Looking forward to seeing you folks tomorrow night.

Edited for grammar.

sitedzn

imported post

If I get lucky this afternoon, I'll stop by for the after dinner entertainment. I'll bring the horns!