• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MacArthur Center

Chkultr

imported post

Shooting near the Mac Mall!

By Matthew Bowers
The Virginian-Pilot
© October 6, 2008 NORFOLK
Police are investigating a report that gunshots were fired at a man in the 300 block of Monticello Ave. near the MacArthur Center shopping mall at lunchtime today.
No injuries have been reported, said Officer Chris Amos, police spokesman, and investigators were searching for evidence.
“We believe there were some shots fired,” Amos said.

Renegade

imported post

Interesting...I was at MacArthur Center most of the day Saturday with my children and one of their friends - I was armed the entire time and kept my head on a swivel.

I was not there looking for trouble - I was looking to avoid trouble. But then again, if trouble cornered me, I was prepared to come out fighting.

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

Well I saw a Norfolk PD Chevy Tahoe backed into a parking spot at El Rodeo on Main St. tonight at 7pm.

Struck me as odd seeing as we're 300 miles from Norfolk :question:

Last thing I read about the TCC/Mac shooting was that the suspect left in...wait for it..."a vehicle."

Vehicle: n. [size="-1"]a conveyance that transports people or objects.

Glad it was narrowed down. :lol:
[/size]