• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walgreens in Lowell - County Cops

alphadeity

imported post

So I'm new to this site and am glad I found it.

Today I decided to OC my glock in the Walgreens in Lowell to pick up a few meds and get a gallon of milk. I am pleased to say that I did not have any problems at all. In fact, there were 2 lake county cops in the store as well. I walked right by them and they gave me a very polite hello and carried on with their business.

I normally CC just because I feel like police officers have better things to be doing rather than responding to a BS MWAG call. I am going to the Police Academy soon and have interned with the State Police for 6 months, and MWAG calls get put in top priority in the call queue. They are obligated to check out the call and make sure everything is okay. That is just strictly my opinion though, and I respect the OC community. In fact, I think I’m going to OC more often just because I can.

Unoid

imported post

MWAG calls are total bs. Its like making a call tothe police saying you saw a women EMT with a KNIFE holstered on her pants!!!!

If you're not doing anything threatening or illegal why even send out an officer?

the call taker should say : "is this person who is carrying a gun grabbing the weapon and or threatening anyone? "

NO?
then tell the caller that its perfectly legal to carry a firearm and to have a nice day.

alphadeity

imported post

I fully agree MWAG calls are BS. Many people are not educated enough. That is very sad. It doesn't matter if the gun is holstered. Cops still are obligated to respond to the calls on a higher priority. I wish more people would understand the laws better. I myself would feel safer where I live if more people would OC.