• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

.45+p ammo

redlegagent

imported post

It should handle +P ammo no problems as +P is loaded to SAAMI specs. +P+ on the other hand is load above SAAMI and you should consult the manufacturer before using. Remember a good rule of thumb, most firearms will handle the hotter ammo but it puts more stress on the frame and should be used occasional use only, not for everyday use as you will wear the firearm out quicker. ;)

G

imported post

If you plan to shoot hot loads regularly you can get a stronger recoil spring from Wolff springs, and possibly a recoil buffer. http://www.gunsprings.com/

Just make sure it cycles reliably with standard ammo before betting your life on it.

essayons

imported post

I own the same gun. Put approx. 200 rounds 230gr +P ammo thru it, mix of Hornady and Federal. Probably put somewhere close to 5,000 rounds of standard ammunition thru it, no problems. Actually in all of that shooting I can recall only 1 failure to eject while using wolf ammo when the gun was very dry and very dirty.