• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I talked to Scott Hoffman on Friday...

MGoduto

imported post

I stopped by Hoffmans on Friday morning (10/03) to browse,use their new indoor range, and ask Scott if was really 'happy'.

There was interesting stuff to look at and fondle, as always. The range isn't open yet (Scott said middle-of-the-month; he has plans for classes and such) 'cause he was waiting for some town-related inspection. And he was 'happy' with the sentences that two of the lowlifes who broke into his other location received (15 years for each, suspended after eight years and seven and a half years). The Courant described him as 'happy' with the sentencing but knowing how that leftist rag lies about everything gun-related I just had to ask.

Then Scott said a couple things that shocked me into speechlessness:

• The break-in at the old store was a gang-initiation rite
  • There have been NO federal charges filed against any of the thieving lowlifes who stole 14 handguns
I remembering reading somewhere that theft from an FFL is a federal offense worth 10 years in prison. I just could NOT believe what he said about the lack of charges.

What the f***?? Does anyone know anything to confirm this?

MGoduto

imported post

...it's still in Newington; they moved about a quarter-mile south of their old location and the store is now on the northbound side of the Berlin Turnpike. It's a little past the DOT headquarters.

FYI, the old location is now a 'halloween superstore' and the outside is painted in orange and purple. I'm afraid to go in...

sdrct

imported post

A few things to know about their new range:

1) for a rentedhour you get 50 minutes on the line, 10 minutes of "other" time

2) you can only shoot ammo purchased there

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

sdrct wrote:

hahahaha! Please tell me you aren't being serious. Can anyone confirm that?

jopencarry

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
sdrct wrote:

hahahaha! Please tell me you aren't being serious. Can anyone confirm that?
a lot of rangers are like this, thats why they always go under so fast.

**** buying their overpriced ammo

out in the woods is the best range.

john_galt

imported post

That certainly puts a damper on things. I was planning on going there, but ammo is priced high enough as it is (til we get our press :)), and I'd like to get a full 60minutes for my money. Back to the woods I guess...

GoldCoaster

imported post

The more I hear the more I like Bridgeport shooting range. You only have to buy their ammo when you're shooting their rental firearms.

You go for 1/2 an hour you pay for half an hour same with a full hour.

The last time I put range approved ammo through my pistol I spent an hour cleaning the lead and carbon out.. never again.

FogRider

imported post

I guess I should count myself lucky. My local indoor range is $10 ($3 for members) for as long as you want to shoot. The only restriction is that you can't use semi-jacketed rounds. The outdoor range has slightly higher prices ($13 for non members if I remember correctly), but again, you stay as long as you want. I've been there for five hours straight on one occasion. My only gripe with it is that it's only 100yd on the rifle side.

The Firing Line and Family Shooting Center in Cherry Creek SP if you are wonder where I'm shooting.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

FogRider wrote:
I guess I should count myself lucky. My local indoor range is $10 ($3 for members) for as long as you want to shoot. The only restriction is that you can't use semi-jacketed rounds. The outdoor range has slightly higher prices ($13 for non members if I remember correctly), but again, you stay as long as you want. I've been there for five hours straight on one occasion. My only gripe with it is that it's only 100yd on the rifle side.

The Firing Line and Family Shooting Center in Cherry Creek SP if you are wonder where I'm shooting.

hahaha! Stop down here sometime and I'll take you to Blue Trail. $27 PER SHOOTER, not per port, on weekends and $10/hour for ever hour after that.

I give up on indoor ranges. Once winter is here I just go in the woods.

AGust82

imported post

sdrct wrote:

Good luck with the range Hoffman. $27/hr...This is the highest price I've ever heard of for range time. And your ammo only? I was excited for another local indoor range to open up but likely you will never see me in there. Wolf's is $24/hr and they let you shoot anything that wont go through the back wall...and then pick up the brass to shoot it another day.