• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lebanon County Responds to Right to Know Act Request re Soccer Mom Gun Carry

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

See attached.

First, thanks to Bill Carpenter, Chairman of the Lebanon County Commissioners for a timely no-nonsense response. I am still waiting for the Sheriff's response and the City's response.

A couple of comments:

1. It is kind of hard to believe that both former Judge Nigel Foundling and current County Public Defender Charlie Jones are unaware that localities have no power to ban gun carry.

2. While I have no problem with Mr. Jones ocasional use of taxpayerfunded email for some personal use, it is disconcerting to see Mr. Jones state that he will seek the City police or Mayor's help as he is "in the building and can do that if that is what [former Judge Foundling] wants."

3. It is also weird that County Public Defender Charlie Jones appears to be investigating Meleanie Hane's family and outing her husband as "somehow involved in State Parole." It is my understanding that County Public Defender Charlie Jones made phone calls to Mrs. Hain's husband's employer to advise them of Mrs. Hain's gun carry.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

that circle of emails seems like a really good piece of evidence to pursue federal charges of conspiracy to violate civil rights.

nking

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Thanks for the information, good stuff! I can't wait to see them get buried over this. You know i see things like this happen in the little town i live in all the time granted it's not over firearms but in so many other ares....people throwing around their weight and all.

Count

Founder's Club Member
imported post

These people in government that get a little (or a lot) of power tend to hate that we have rights. They are such elitists....they always think they know what is best for us. I have one thing to say: respect my rights and my Constitution and stop conspiring to intimidate me fromexercising of my Constitutional rights.

SP101

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I can't believe these people are dumb enough to think they can make up their own rules as they go along. This is going to be a slam dunk at the hearing, which I will be attending.

Just by what was said in these e-mails, shows that they had no idea just how much support Meleanie would have, and that she and us as a group would not stand for their actions.

M@D H@TTER

imported post

I like how they reference something that hasn't actually happened yet in the last email :lol:.

I hope this works out, as it would be a shame if somethingthis clear cut didn't.

jarodm20

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I wish I lived near there so I could walk through that park with my gun on my hip. I hope these fools learn their lesson. READ THE 2nd AMENDMENT!!

".....shall not be infringed."

jaekfre

imported post

Honestly, I've just got to laugh. I love how these people think because they are the head of the soccer team, they have the authority to do this.

:XThou art banished!:X

RU98A

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The man that sent the intimidating email is a dethroned judge that got unelected. He still thinks that he can throw his weight around and intimidate people just like he did when on the bench. Apparently the sheriff thinks the ex-judge still has some kind of magical powers also.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I fully expect these fools to be properly re-educated and hopefully will be required to personally pay the tuition.

Headline I wish to see: Soccer Mom Wins Game - With Penalty Shot !

Yata hey

SP101

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
I fully expect these fools to be properly re-educated and hopefully will be required to personally pay the tuition.

Yata hey
You were close!! The judge ordered the sheriff to return her LTCF, but after making us all listen to his oppinion on the matter.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

SP101 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
You were close!! The judge ordered the sheriff to return her LTCF, but after making us all listen to his oppinion on the matter.
That ain't nice at all making me search for the link on the decision!:? Hope it is posted elsewhere.

Who cares what the judge's personal opinion might be in so long as he officially found correctly.:D

Have to hope that there is more to this than Mrs. Haun simply getting her permit back though.

Yata hey