• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Big 5 @ Quincy & Reservoir in Aurora, CO

FogRider

imported post

My new drivers license finally came in the mail, so I decided to head down to Big 5 to see if they had any Nagants worth picking up. Other than a couple employees expressing quite a bit of surprise at my XD45, they seemed pretty open to OC. The employees didn't seem to have a problem with OC, they just had never seen it and had no idea it was legal. The manager filling out the NICS paperwork was extremely helpfull, and much to my surprise when I checked out, he even gave me the last sale price instead of the regular price (saved me about $100). I had mentioned that I payed less the last time I bought the same gun, but I was just wondering why, I wasn't fishing for a lower price. All in all, it was a great experience.

Oh, and I now have a '42 Izhevsk 91/30 with matching serials and in great condition.

I just realized this made it into the GD forum instead of the Colorado forum. That's what I get for posting that early in the morning I suppose.

David.Car

imported post

Picked up a few myself when they were just on sale.

I had one issue in one of the Big 5's. The floor manager who could have written me up and done the call in was off in 5 minutes so he didn't want to start. So he called the store manager in back and she came out to do it for me.

They would not accept my drivers license because it has a change of address sticker on the back (the way WA does it if you don't want to pay 20 bucks for a new license with the new address).

So I offered her my CPL. She didn't know what it was, said she had never even heard of a concealed carry license, and was basically utterly clueless. I had her call the other Big 5 in town where I had just made a purchase 2 days prior using my CPL and the guy there gave this lady a little talking to...

Couldn't believe it... Working a firearm counter, store manager, never heard of CPL...

Dom

imported post

Wow, I didn't know they had those. They're only a mile from my house and I was thinking of buying a 91/30 before the election. I've only been in there once in the winter and was CC'ing, but since they're OC friendly I'll definitely be spending my money there. Thanks FogRider.