• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When to post an encounter public?

david.ross

imported post

I'm just curious, I had an somewhat bad encounter with a specific LEO who blew things out of proportion. I made a report to OMI and CPRB of Pittsburgh regarding the encounter.

Should one wait to post the encounter online or wait until a response is received from CPRB?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
I'm just curious, I had an somewhat bad encounter with a specific LEO who blew things out of proportion. I made a report to OMI and CPRB of Pittsburgh regarding the encounter.

Should one wait to post the encounter online or wait until a response is received from CPRB?
You could give a very general outline, but leave out specifics and any personal comments. As Joe Friday says "just the fact".

Legba

imported post

I guess that's your call. I posted the narrative about my outrage with the police last autumn, but it depends on the situation. Don't do anything to jeopardize your legal standing in any case.

-ljp

david.ross

imported post

what if you're not going to take any legal action and just are wanting to make sure the officer has a record in case he is one of those people who have intent to commit official oppression?

Prophet

imported post

First of all, welcome to Pittsburgh. Secondly, if this was recently I think i was mistaken for you when I was stopped by some cops a few days ago. Third, post away.

I post my encounters just to let others know that they are not alone in case they get hassled by the Pittsburgh city cops. As John McCain says, "you will know their names". I, as a Pittsburgher who has had the city police try to bully him under their heel of oppression, have a personal interest in what happend to you.

Also, I know that some Pittsburgh cops, or their friends, read this website because of me and I believe I am having better interactions with police because of it. Its amazing how much more compliant LEO's will be when they realize that what they do will have a light cast down on them and that there are people who will not cower and just take their injustices.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:

Generally I disagree with some folks' knee jerk reaction to urge people to delete Internet posts about OC harasment. Now if you have some facts that are not otherwise public and might be used against you, or might be kept secret for some future civil action, that's somthing to consider.

The open carry movement is growing stronger because we are growing more aware of the law and each other and can keep building.

So yes, do post, and take the time to write crisply and clearly - as Abe Lincoln or somebody famous once wrote to a friend, "I would have written you a shorter letter but I did not have the time."

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Be sure you want to post something. Because depending on your luck, it may even be impossible to delete it later. There are computers that keep archives of old websites, and its luck of the draw whether one might be making an archive of this site right after you make a post.