Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone catch Boston Legal last night?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Gotta love Denny Crane.. He shot a bad guy in the knee and foot because he was getting robbed.

Ed
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

I've been watching that show since it came on. Love it.

Denny always caries. Heck, this isn't even the first time he shot someone- the first time it was his client, because he thought the guy was guilty, lol.

William Shatner's best character ever, IMO.

Post imported post

Last night he had like 7 guns on him
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Not too realistic but funny none the less::shock:

http://television.aol.com/tvtop5/vig...-legal/2269234

Post imported post

See, I thought you were posting this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=x1dtP5dBHdo

Denny Crane for President 2008!

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Too funny.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't he pretty conservative in real life?

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

Purely by chance I happened to see that opening seen as I was changing channels last night (it only took a quick flash of a shiny 1911 for my eye to be caught). I then made the mistake of watching the rest of the episode to see how it would play out. Being that the show is set in Boston, the next daythe cops came to arrest him for carry concealed without a permit. At that time they took five handguns off of him, and they later mentioned that they hadtaken three off of him right after he shot the BG. The rest of it was pretty pathetic. The closing argument that got him off on the CC charge was nothing but a rant against Heller and the "Big Five".

Post imported post

Dam i gotta start watching that show ,:celebratehave always been a shatner fan:celebrate

Post imported post

VApatriot wrote:
    The closing argument that got him off on the CC charge was nothing but a rant against Heller and the "Big Five".
    I took that as a POSITIVE because the plan was for a conviction so he could also appeal to the SCOTUS like Heller.. but the JURY acquitted him thereby showing that a jury of his piers agreed with his actions.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

.. but the JURY aquitted [sic] him thereby showing that a jury of his piers agreed with his actions.
    Not sure how a boat dock will rule in his favor, they're a little stiff :P ... great clip though!

Post imported post

I saw it on TV. I LOL'd.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

If the BG had to pull the hammer back...doesn't that mean that there was no bullet in the chamber?...or are there decockers on some 1911's? My hammer is always back when there's a bullet in the chamber.

Then again, it is just TV.

Post imported post

M@D H@TTER wrote:
    If the BG had to pull the hammer back...doesn't that mean that there was no bullet in the chamber?**...or are there decockers on some 1911's?* My hammer is always back when there's a bullet in the chamber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCXlCkY4Y5g

Post imported post

M@D H@TTER wrote:
    If the BG had to pull the hammer back...doesn't that mean that there was no bullet in the chamber?...or are there decockers on some 1911's? My hammer is always back when there's a bullet in the chamber.

Condition 2. Dangerous and unnecessary...but an option nonetheless.

If you're unfamiliar with 2 it is when you load and then ride the hammer down while engaging the trigger. Forces you to manually cock back the hammer in order to fire.

Post imported post

Prophet wrote:

If you're unfamiliar with 2 it is when you load and then ride the hammer down while engaging the trigger. Forces you to manually cock back the hammer in order to fire.
    Just a clarification for any noobs out there, that is true for 1911s and some other pistols but not for all.

Some handguns such as Sig DA/SA pistols have a decocker and are designed to be carried condition 2 and with those condition 1 is dangerous and unnecessary.

Just didn't want someone to wander by and misunderstand the context of the carry condition.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Prophet wrote:

Just a clarification for any noobs out there, that is true for 1911s and some other pistols but not for all.

Some handguns such as Sig DA/SA pistols have a decocker and are designed to be carried condition 2 and with those condition 1 is dangerous and unnecessary.

Just didn't want someone to wander by and misunderstand the context of the carry condition.
    Absolutely right Deep. I should have expressed clearly that I was specifically talking about the 1911 that Madhatter had mentioned.

Post imported post

Maybe it's just me, (and I'll agree with the qualifier 'Dangerous and unnecessary") but the half cock of my PT1911 seems to make trying to ride the hammer down on a loaded chamber VERY dangerous...as you'd need to get over the half cock to fully seat the hammer...which can easily slip and lead to a ND.

...now I feel like Iwas thinking too hard on thiswith all this discussion of a Boston Legal clip

Post imported post

You can watch the full episode on the ABC website. Look for the full episode link. The episode is season 5 episode 3, Dances With Wolves.

Shatner is great in this. I'm not a real fan of David E. Kelley, but hey - it's funny!

Post imported post

Unnecessary, I'll catch it when I get home next week- I have it recorded on my DVR

As for the condition 2: it's only because the writer wanted to put cocking the hammer into the script. Since he almost certainly lives in California, and has probably never owned a gun, he wouldn't know how silly that idea is. He should have written in a revolver. While it's not necessary to cock a revolver (unless it's a single action), it still looks a lot more "normal". Plus, it does give the advantage of being more accurate, due to the much easier trigger pull.

Post imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
    As for the condition 2: it's only because the writer wanted to put cocking the hammer into the script. Since he almost certainly lives in California, and has probably never owned a gun, he wouldn't know how silly that idea is. He should have written in a revolver. While it's not necessary to cock a revolver (unless it's a single action), it still looks a lot more "normal". Plus, it does give the advantage of being more accurate, due to the much easier trigger pull.
    Hehe, I don't always think about that, but it makes a whole lot of sense. I see a lot of stupid little things in shows that just make me laugh...and I don't always consider that the person writing the script has probably never even held a gun. If Hollywood was in texas...

Post imported post

Yea I saw it, that was great. I was watching with my wife and daughter and when it happened my daughter looks at me and busts out laughing and saying that's me.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
    Unnecessary, I'll catch it when I get home next week- I have it recorded on my DVR

A revolver, or even something with an external hammer like a beretta 92. But yeah, that hammer pull made me cringe, too.

Post imported post

M@D H@TTER wrote:
    Slayer of Paper wrote:
    Hehe, I don't always think about that, but it makes a whole lot of sense. I see a lot of stupid little things in shows that just make me laugh...and I don't always consider that the person writing the script has probably never even held a gun. If Hollywood was in texas...
    After being in the army its sometimes hard to suspend my disbelief enough to watch military movies. The classic, "guy running in an open level field and bullets are all hitting the ground at his feet", effect is truly grating. Owen Wilson's "Behind Enemy Lines" is one that springs to mind.

Though this is not always the case...I liked Black Hawk Down...of course I knew some rangers who were characterized in the movie, so maybe I'm biased.

inNV

Post imported post

Both of those clips were funny as hell, lol. I have never seen that show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast