• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone catch Boston Legal last night?

M@D H@TTER

imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
As for the condition 2: it's only because the writer wanted to put cocking the hammer into the script. Since he almost certainly lives in California, and has probably never owned a gun, he wouldn't know how silly that idea is. He should have written in a revolver. While it's not necessary to cock a revolver (unless it's a single action), it still looks a lot more "normal". Plus, it does give the advantage of being more accurate, due to the much easier trigger pull.

Hehe, I don't always think about that, but it makes a whole lot of sense. I see a lot of stupid little things in shows that just make me laugh...and I don't always consider that the person writing the script has probably never even held a gun. If Hollywood was in texas... :lol:

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yea I saw it, that was great. I was watching with my wife and daughter and when it happened my daughter looks at me and busts out laughing and saying that's me.:lol:

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
Unnecessary, I'll catch it when I get home next week- I have it recorded on my DVR :p

As for the condition 2: it's only because the writer wanted to put cocking the hammer into the script. Since he almost certainly lives in California, and has probably never owned a gun, he wouldn't know how silly that idea is. He should have written in a revolver. While it's not necessary to cock a revolver (unless it's a single action), it still looks a lot more "normal". Plus, it does give the advantage of being more accurate, due to the much easier trigger pull.
A revolver, or even something with an external hammer like a beretta 92. But yeah, that hammer pull made me cringe, too.

Prophet

imported post

M@D H@TTER wrote:
Slayer of Paper wrote:

Hehe, I don't always think about that, but it makes a whole lot of sense. I see a lot of stupid little things in shows that just make me laugh...and I don't always consider that the person writing the script has probably never even held a gun. If Hollywood was in texas... :lol:

After being in the army its sometimes hard to suspend my disbelief enough to watch military movies. The classic, "guy running in an open level field and bullets are all hitting the ground at his feet", effect is truly grating. Owen Wilson's "Behind Enemy Lines" is one that springs to mind.

Though this is not always the case...I liked Black Hawk Down...of course I knew some rangers who were characterized in the movie, so maybe I'm biased.

I

inNV

imported post

Both of those clips were funny as hell, lol. I have never seen that show.

zoom6zoom

imported post

Some handguns such as Sig DA/SA pistols have a decocker and are designed to be carried condition 2 and with those condition 1 is dangerous and unnecessary.

Condition 1 isn't even possible on the Sig as there is no mechanical safety... it can be cocked, but not locked.