• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where is the attorney

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Yes injury, you were made to 'strip' in mixed company, resulting in much
embarrasment. OMG, there were children present.

As for 'Johnny' "brain don't work, plant him in the dirt" :cuss:

Also, hadn't thought of it before. But as a manager and someone walking
in off the street, I would be very leary to admit to security cameras, also
if I don't want employees to know about them. Could be a corporate or
coverage policy to deny. It is a sad time we live in but you do need to CYA nowadays. So have you attorny double check.

Good Luck

Detour

imported post

Well i didnt have to get naked or anything lol ..

But yes Johnny Cochran is dead but has attorrney office all over and here in alabama

Detour

imported post

Omg I an attorney that said they will take my case and i have an appointment on the 22 of oct:).....

They said they do handle contingency and would need to look at my papers and case first to see about that there fee 2500... I was like well thats cheaper then the 5000 or 10,000I was told my antoehr attorney just for retainer..

So....Ok guys now the time to put up or shut up ( so to say). Someone in this blog or another ask you guys to help with donations. If for some reasonthe attorneycant or wont do this on contingency will all of you be able to help meon this by donateing some money to the attorney for fees???I will ask him when my friends from this club send any money and we win or case I want there money returned in full with intrest..

Does that sound like a good idea. That way your sending it straight to an attorney and not some guy u just dont know andI would have a paper drawn up and send it to each who wants to donate.. Let me know if anyone has a better idea or a way to make them feel safe if that donate..

Im praying he does this on contingency ..Please, Please.

I hope he will help me and the group as a whole.I am also see if he will think of helping others here in alabama and maybe we can take this to the higher ups and find the permit to carry in a vehicle is uncontitutional that way we could ocw and not need a permit unless we ccw :)

I think a vehicle is an extention of your home.

Thank you guys and gals :)

denthack

imported post

Congrats Buddy. Hopefully they will take it on contingency, but if not we will do what we can to help with the cost. You need to definatly make plans to be in birmingham on NOV 8th!

Detour

imported post

denthack wrote:
Congrats Buddy. Hopefully they will take it on contingency, but if not we will do what we can to help with the cost. You need to definatly make plans to be in birmingham on NOV 8th!
Thanks denthack and I hope they do contingency. If they do it like that im really sure they will fight harder to get payed and they are more sure im in the right and willing to fight for it.. :)

kurtmax_0

imported post

tHowever a contingency basis would have to be in civil court. Forcing the Sheriff to issue a permit would have to be done with a court order, and no money damages. So at the very least this would be 2 separate cases.

You could, however, could go straight to civil court and then try to get the permit as part of a settlement deal.

No matter how you look at it it's gonna be expensive. Like all monopolies, the court system has no incentive to make it easy/fast to come to a settlement.

Detour

imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:
tHowever a contingency basis would have to be in civil court. Forcing the Sheriff to issue a permit would have to be done with a court order, and no money damages. So at the very least this would be 2 separate cases.

You could, however, could go straight to civil court and then try to get the permit as part of a settlement deal.

No matter how you look at it it's gonna be expensive. Like all monopolies, the court system has no incentive to make it easy/fast to come to a settlement.

Im not sure all I know is one depatment pulled it and gave it to another. My thinking or im hopeing myabe if the city or officer that pulled is found quilty and orderd to give it back and maybe fine them so much for everyday they dont give it back.

Im sure they would get the other department to give it back. But if not and I have to do something in court on both then Ill do it.

Daddyo

imported post

Just giving the permit and gun back is basically what happened with V_Mathis. In order for it to help the cause, I think its gotta go to court and preferably result in a monetary settlement.

Then we can send friendly letters to all the LE agencies saying "see we're just concerned citizens trying to save you some money".

Detour

imported post

Daddyo wrote:
Just giving the permit and gun back is basically what happened with V_Mathis. In order for it to help the cause, I think its gotta go to court and preferably result in a monetary settlement.

Then we can send friendly letters to all the LE agencies saying "see we're just concerned citizens trying to save you some money".

I know and going tocourt isnt at all whatI wanted asI live here and dont want tohurt myCounty or CityDept in any way.

Maybe the 15-5-30 and or 15-5-31 Alabama code applys to my caseand the only Dept involved would be the City that tookmy weapon and permit. Im sure the County onlyhas my permit cause of the actions the LEO took and his statment.