• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where is the attorney

Detour

imported post

Well guys and gals I am starting to see why the ocw move is slow. You cant find an attorney. Ive looked high and low Ive had calls returned from 3 now and nonehandleplaintiffs cases or they either have a conflict of interest. One law firm did permit background checks for the city ofBirmingham and said they might have a conflict . Another law firm thats close to my area said that they handle some of the insurance lawsuits for the city that I live.

Please guys and gals help me find one. I want to take this all the way . I just need some backing. IfI have to go all the way to supreme court for us all. I just cant do this alone.I can not believe a permit can be pulled because someone ocw and they know you have to have it to be in a vehicle. They know you cant walk every where and takeing the permit doesnt keep you from ocw it just keeps you from driveing with one a weapon and also keeps one from protecting ones self, family and property in vehicle. Dont you just love the law:)

I have found one attorney and hes over 200 miles away.

Im ready andI have a lot of time.

AlabamaFamilyMan

imported post

I have no idea if he does this, or perhaps just can refer someone.

I would check with the Patterson Law Firm (Huntsville), Robert Patterson.

AFM

Detour

imported post

AlabamaFamilyMan wrote:

AFM
OK Thanks....Its funnyI just got off the phone with someone in scottsboro do you know an attorney there named Parker Edmonston . They seemed very interested in my case.

Detour

imported post

I have looked all day and talked with so many. Theres just not any I have found that knows anything about the 2nd amendment or the ocw. But most have said seems weirdI wasnt arrested if LEO saying its illegal to ocw and even mor strange they gave me my weapon back.

No whats strage is not finding an attorney. Dang no wonder so many go to jail over this stuff andI see why most wont even try it.

Does any one know how to contact O.J's attorneys he had on his first case:celebrate

That is a joke :celebrate

Comp-tech

State Researcher

denthack

imported post

Hey Man, i haven't disappeared. Monday and Tuesday for me are one long Monday!

I made a donation and joined GerogiaCarry.org Tomorrow i'll write an e-mail to the President and Vice President of GCO, they are both lawyers and have several lawyers on the board and as members. I'm sure one of them will either be interested in representing you or will at least recomend an attorney that will. We will help you all we can, and we will recruit AND GET more support, because if you go through with this, it will help everyone else. I'll let you know when i get a response.

If i make make a suggestion that will be VERY benneficial...While you have some down time, if you have microsoft word, go ahead and create you a case file. Type out a timeline of everything that has happenedto you. Use as many exact dates as possible. Be sure to include all details, time of day, acurate descriptions of locations, ect.Be sure to keep all statments as accurate as possible and notate exact quotes vs when you paraphrase. Have your wife type a statment describing what transpired at Capn D's. This will do a couple things. It will prevent you from forgetting anything. It will make sure you have things worded correctly. As is with anyones memory, there are nuances and word and thing you will remeber each time you re-read it, ensuring you left nothing out. It will make it easy for a lawyer you consult with to get a factual summery of your case with your having to tell your "story"... especially helpful if you consult with several lawyers. It will also make you appear very determied and organized, in other word, a very good client to work with. :D

Detour

imported post

denthack wrote:
Hey Man, i haven't disappeared. Monday and Tuesday for me are one long Monday!

If i make make a suggestion that will be VERY benneficial...While you have some down time, if you have microsoft word, go ahead and create you a case file. Type out a timeline of everything that has happenedto you.
Hey there you are lol....YehI have all that already. As a matter of factI have every fax I have sent with the fax receipt showing it was recieved and also. I have wrote down every time, date, and confursation I have had when an officer has questioned me about me ocw. I also have got my emails and also one email that not only has my whole life, work history and military back ground which was 45b small arms repair :). Also in that same email I tell the story in full detail of both times my permit was puled as to whoI talked to, what was said, with what happen, and when it happen.

It is very detailed. I had to make it for the attorney who typed up the demand for for the city that took my weapon and permit that they had 5 days to return my permit orI was fileing a complaint against that officer with his department and the SO and send a copy to the ABI. But asI stated before this attorney is far away and was just helping me by typeing the demand and wording it like it needed to be.

Im loaded for bear I just need a guide to take me to the bear. Trust meI have more thanI need and and have every contact ive had with any LEO and so Dept documented.

AlsoI was thinking if a fund was started to help with legal funds when I do hire an attorney I wouldask them to send the money straight to the attorney thats hired and if we win and the judge orders the city and or SO to pay for my attorney fees then I would have the attorney send back to each that donated all there money with some intrest.

The fund with intrest is just an idea asI do not want to make a dime on this for my self. I want to make a wrong right and do this for everyone not just myself. I am ready and willing to take this all the way asI have aton of time and am very fired up about the right to bear arms and the waya citizen is treated and made to comply with the believes of a few who are in power.

Detour

imported post

ilbob wrote:
you might wnat to contact the nra/ila and ask if they can refer you to someone.

I am a life time member of the NRA and I have already talked to them and thereila branch,did this even the first time my permit was pulled. The number they gave me, one was disconnected, and the other didnt know what ocw was lol.

Trust me when you call an attorney and you ask them about ocw and the law and they say ocw whats that??? I know its time to hang up and call someone else.

I have also worte to them again and am waiting a reply.

But you have a good idea. Thanks

Detour

imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
45-ACP wrote:
lol i belivehe is dead

and thats no joke lol
Johnny Cochran is dead but his lawfirm is still in business....and, they have an office in Huntsville.

Lol ...Yeh I knew that Johnny had died but O.J. had like 4 attorneys.

I didnt knowJohnnyhad a law firm close to me I will call them now. Thanks

Detour

imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
45-ACP wrote:

http://www.cochranfirm.com/offices/huntsville.html

They DO handle cases that involve Police and City misconduct....go here

http://www.cochranfirm.com/contact-case-review.html

OMG ......Great sites and to think it started as a joke.. I just called them. I think I have a live one here guys.

Thanks man ..I talked to them for awhileand the person has took my info and statement and is forwarding it to an attorney in there office in huntsville. She said and I quote (sounds to me you have a few issues misconduct, abuse of power, civil rights violated and possibly injury emotionly) :what:I was like injury!!!! she said yes the officers action of disarming you inside the place and causeing a scene and putting the public in danger and myselfby takeing of my weapon and permit if lawfuly possessed) may or could be considerd emotional damage. She said she wouldnt have passed this on to them if it wasnt a good case as her job was to screen calls to see, one if its a case they would handle,and also a case with merit.:lol:

So she said if I did nothear from the Huntville office in 1 week call back.:celebrate

So does anyone know if maybe theAlabama code 15-5-30 or15-5-31 would come into play here as the officer took my weapon and didnt give it back till 3 days later http://www.legislature.state.al.us/CodeofAlabama/1975/coatoc.htm

45-ACP

imported post

Section 15-5-30
Authority of peace officer to stop and question.
A sheriff or other officer acting as sheriff, his deputy or any constable, acting within their respective counties, any marshal, deputy marshal or policeman of any incorporated city or town within the limits of the county or any highway patrolman or state trooper may stop any person abroad in a public place whom he reasonably suspects is committing, has committed or is about to commit a felony or other public offense and may demand of him his name, address and an explanation of his actions.

(Acts 1966, Ex. Sess., No. 157, p. 183, §1.)
well you werent breaking the law OC is legal in Alabama

Section 15-5-31
Search for dangerous weapon; procedure if weapon or other thing found.
When a sheriff or other officer acting as sheriff, his deputy or any constable, acting within their respective counties, any marshal, deputy marshal or policeman of any incorporated city or town within the limits of the county or any highway patrolman or state trooper has stopped a person for questioning pursuant to this article and reasonably suspects that he is in danger of life or limb, he may search such person for a dangerous weapon. If such officer finds such a weapon or any other thing, the possession of which may constitute a crime, he may take and keep it until the completion of the questioning, at which time he shall either return it, if lawfully possessed, or arrest such person.

(Acts 1966, Ex. Sess., No. 157, p. 183, §2.)
you werent breaking the law in the first place, there for to me there was no reason for a terry stop, further more it seems to me the taking of your weapon illeagal, seems like theft by taking

as far is your injury im hurt emotionaly lol from the trouble your in ,could have been me

Detour

imported post

45-ACP wrote:
as far is your injury im hurt emotionaly lol from the trouble your in ,could have been me

Yeh ....so I take it you are thinking what im thinking . the LEO broke both of the codes.. or amI reading you wrong here :)

Also in the statment i have in your quote, the last word you have did you mean maybe or what im a lil lost to that last statment
Not sure really what the (could have been me) meant other than could have been maybe or what.

Maybe im missing something thereI dont really get that part lol:banghead:

AlabamaFamilyMan

imported post

Detour wrote:
AlabamaFamilyMan wrote:

AFM
OK Thanks....Its funnyI just got off the phone with someone in scottsboro do you know an attorney there named Parker Edmonston . They seemed very interested in my case.
I don't know anything about his practice, but he is a good neighbor.