Thread: military recruiter building

Post imported post

Are recruiter offices considered a government building and therefore illegal to carry in? Not that my recruiter would care but in case someone walked in that did, could i (and my recruiter) get in trouble?

Post imported post

The office is probably leased to the government....

If they pay for the space... it is completely under their control.

If they lease the entire building.... I guess it would be a government building.

Post imported post

This might vary depending on your state. So probably should ask in your states forum.

Post imported post

A recruiters office is Federal property, You must be authorized to Carry in a Federal building..

thought I'd better add this..

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1831929/posts

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Carnivore wrote:
    A recruiters office is Federal property, You must be authorized to Carry in a Federal building..

thought I'd better add this..

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1831929/posts
    I do recall that being the case as well. Under many cases the recruitment offices are like any FBI, CIA or other 3 letter fed agency. If they rent an office it is federal property.

I have also heard with no ability to confirm or intention to spread FUD so take with a grain of salt...that the presence of a federal office, then makes the building federal...even though the office only occupies a confined space in the building...but again...it is not reliable enough to say for sure.

I would like to look it up...but I am away on vaccation and just wanted to drop in and see if anything vital was happening.

Post imported post

Carnivore wrote:
    You are autorized if you carry for personal protection.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

I don't know how much stock you put in this link, but they say no in fed. buildings, at least in AZ. and also a little slap at this site..

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Guns-Fire...l-Building.htm

here's another reference,

Please be aware: Federal law prohibits the following items on Federal property: firearms, explosives, archery equipment, dangerous weapons, knives with blades over 2 ½ inches, alcoholic beverages and open containers of alcohol.

here's the link http://www.nih.gov/about/visitorsecurity.htm

Personally I wouldn't gamble with it, but thats just me because i don't like unnecessary attention brought upon myself..

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Here's a link to LAW 18 USC 930 ...

That said, I do not believe that the whole building would be considered a Federal Facility. Only the part occupied by the Federal Office.

Post imported post

That might be true! but I wouldn't gamble with it, unless I was set out to find some unnecessary harrassment..