• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

military recruiter building

r6-rider

imported post

Are recruiter offices considered a government building and therefore illegal to carry in? Not that my recruiter would care but in case someone walked in that did, could i (and my recruiter) get in trouble?

LEO 229

imported post

The office is probably leased to the government....

If they pay for the space... it is completely under their control.

If they lease the entire building.... I guess it would be a government building.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Carnivore wrote:
A recruiters office is Federal property, You must be authorized to Carry in a Federal building..

thought I'd better add this..

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1831929/posts

I do recall that being the case as well. Under many cases the recruitment offices are like any FBI, CIA or other 3 letter fed agency. If they rent an office it is federal property.

I have also heard with no ability to confirm or intention to spread FUD so take with a grain of salt...that the presence of a federal office, then makes the building federal...even though the office only occupies a confined space in the building...but again...it is not reliable enough to say for sure.

I would like to look it up...but I am away on vaccation and just wanted to drop in and see if anything vital was happening.

Carnivore

imported post

I don't know how much stock you put in this link, but they say no in fed. buildings, at least in AZ. and also a little slap at this site..

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Guns-Firearms-Projectile-1501/Open-Carry-Federal-Building.htm

here's another reference,

Please be aware: Federal law prohibits the following items on Federal property: firearms, explosives, archery equipment, dangerous weapons, knives with blades over 2 ½ inches, alcoholic beverages and open containers of alcohol.

here's the link http://www.nih.gov/about/visitorsecurity.htm

Personally I wouldn't gamble with it, but thats just me because i don't like unnecessary attention brought upon myself..