Thread: Virginia laws

Post imported post

hey i was wondering if some one could help me find codes that will tell me what police can and cannot do during a stop and what my rights are during a stop.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

frgntsmtn wrote:
    hey i was wondering if some one could help me find codes that will tell me what police can and cannot do during a stop and what my rights are during a stop.
    There are not that many "code" that identify what you are looking for.

What you will really be looking for are court cases and decisions. The police are given room to work based on the many court cases where each one has dealt at length.... a certain situation.

Stop and frisk, officer safety, vehicle searches, detentions. and so forth.

If you post what you are looking for... I am sure many of us can give you the court case to read where a decision was made allowing or restricting the police.

Post imported post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

No OC scenarios in there (and there wont ever be, stupid aclu), but a good guide none the less.