Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: so is warner heading for a landslide victory in va?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    186

    Post imported post

    wtf. anyone see his ads bashing the nra?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    636

    Post imported post

    No bashing by Mark Warner of the NRA. He is pro-gun in my opinion.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    186

    Post imported post

    uh...seen this one? he's bashing the nra



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpicD6UIq8A





  4. #4
    Regular Member MeBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Right Here, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    257

    Post imported post

    :shock::shock::shock: That ends any possiblity of me voting for him!

  5. #5
    Regular Member Neplusultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Christiansburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,228

    Post imported post

    30 cal **** wrote:
    uh...seen this one? he's bashing the nra



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpicD6UIq8A



    Home schooling is a "threat" to what it means to be an American!!!?? Not that I was voting for him anyway but I used to have a favorable opinion of him.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    636

    Post imported post

    So you heard about the guy, he says he is for "No Income Tax". I guess some Virginians will fall for that.

    As for Governor Warner at least he was able to straighten out Gilmore and Allen's mis-management. Just ask any road builder or former VDOT worker. They can set you straight on Gilmore and Allen.

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    394

    Post imported post

    I know Warner did fix the state of affairs in VA when he was gov. However, that doesn't mean he isn't just like all the other politicians that will do whatever they must to get into office.

    I had a favorable opinion of the guy as well until I heard what he said in that video.
    Find businesses that are pro gun...and those that aren't. Friend or Foe - Version 2 is online!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    636

    Post imported post

    So the video is an ad for Gilmore. Any one who thinks it is real needs to go get in line behind Gilmore at the VEC. Just because something is spoken, printed or otherwise published during an election people think it is the truth. I hope if you have kids you teach them to get their heads out of the ground.

    If I am not mistaken the NRA says the two candidates are equal by their scoring system. Depending on which way you look at the NRA that may or may not be a good thing.

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    394

    Post imported post

    kenny wrote:
    So the video is an ad for Gilmore. Any one who thinks it is real needs to go get in line behind Gilmore at the VEC. Just because something is spoken, printed or otherwise published during an election people think it is the truth. I hope if you have kids you teach them to get their heads out of the ground.

    If I am not mistaken the NRA says the two candidates are equal by their scoring system. Depending on which way you look at the NRA that may or may not be a good thing.
    The truth will shake out. If he really said that, he lost my vote. I'm sure there are other sources that will either validate or invalidate the recording. I'm not a one issue voter, but whoever is in that recording is on the wrong side of a lot of the issues that matter to me.

    Find businesses that are pro gun...and those that aren't. Friend or Foe - Version 2 is online!

  10. #10
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,964

    Post imported post

    kenny wrote:
    So you heard about the guy, he says he is for "No Income Tax". I guess some Virginians will fall for that.

    As for Governor Warner at least he was able to straighten out Gilmore and Allen's mis-management. Just ask any road builder or former VDOT worker. They can set you straight on Gilmore and Allen.
    No it is real, but it is old. Warner is coasting to victory....but there is a better choice....





    REDPATH FOR SENATE
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  11. #11
    Founder's Club Member Skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Goochland, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    585

    Post imported post

    bnkrazy wrote:
    kenny wrote:
    So the video is an ad for Gilmore. Any one who thinks it is real needs to go get in line behind Gilmore at the VEC. Just because something is spoken, printed or otherwise published during an election people think it is the truth. I hope if you have kids you teach them to get their heads out of the ground.

    If I am not mistaken the NRA says the two candidates are equal by their scoring system. Depending on which way you look at the NRA that may or may not be a good thing.
    The truth will shake out. If he really said that, he lost my vote. I'm sure there are other sources that will either validate or invalidate the recording. I'm not a one issue voter, but whoever is in that recording is on the wrong side of a lot of the issues that matter to me.
    He really said that at a fundraiser back when he was Chairman of the Democratic Party of Virginia.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    186

    Post imported post

    guys, i'm sorry for the bucket of cold water, i was confused too.

    (i'm an out of stater)

    i'm only pointing this out because i'm strongly considering moving to Virginia. the overriding consideration being a pro-2A environment.



  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    394

    Post imported post

    Skeptic wrote:
    He really said that at a fundraiser back when he was Chairman of the Democratic Party of Virginia.
    Thanks for the info.
    Find businesses that are pro gun...and those that aren't. Friend or Foe - Version 2 is online!

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoVA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    431

    Post imported post

    I wrote his campaign about it yesterday. I said that I wanted to know if it was his voice. I then asked about 4 key, self-defense related questions (carry, "assault" weapons, castle doctrine, etc) and said he'd better answer right or my vote will go to Gilmore out of spite.
    We'll see ...

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    636

    Post imported post

    Skeptic wrote:
    bnkrazy wrote:
    kenny wrote:
    So the video is an ad for Gilmore. Any one who thinks it is real needs to go get in line behind Gilmore at the VEC. Just because something is spoken, printed or otherwise published during an election people think it is the truth. I hope if you have kids you teach them to get their heads out of the ground.

    If I am not mistaken the NRA says the two candidates are equal by their scoring system. Depending on which way you look at the NRA that may or may not be a good thing.
    The truth will shake out. If he really said that, he lost my vote. I'm sure there are other sources that will either validate or invalidate the recording. I'm not a one issue voter, but whoever is in that recording is on the wrong side of a lot of the issues that matter to me.
    He really said that at a fundraiser back when he was Chairman of the Democratic Party of Virginia.
    Say ain't so, show me the actual quoted text or if you were there I might take your word. I'll bet some of you think wrestling on television is real?


  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member Skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Goochland, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    585

    Post imported post

    kenny wrote:
    Skeptic wrote:
    bnkrazy wrote:
    kenny wrote:
    So the video is an ad for Gilmore. Any one who thinks it is real needs to go get in line behind Gilmore at the VEC. Just because something is spoken, printed or otherwise published during an election people think it is the truth. I hope if you have kids you teach them to get their heads out of the ground.

    If I am not mistaken the NRA says the two candidates are equal by their scoring system. Depending on which way you look at the NRA that may or may not be a good thing.
    The truth will shake out. If he really said that, he lost my vote. I'm sure there are other sources that will either validate or invalidate the recording. I'm not a one issue voter, but whoever is in that recording is on the wrong side of a lot of the issues that matter to me.
    He really said that at a fundraiser back when he was Chairman of the Democratic Party of Virginia.
    Say ain't so, show me the actual quoted text or if you were there I might take your word. I'll bet some of you think wrestling on television is real?
    I am confused. Are you saying that is not Mark Warner's voice in the recording?




  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    636

    Post imported post

    I am confused. Are you saying that is not Mark Warner's voice in the recording?
    Just looking for a date, time and a complete transcript of the comments. #1 I do not trust anything I view on Youtube and I do not trust the media nor the ads they air.

    It is called editing. The average person will believe anything they hear.

    I'm from Missouri so you have to "Show Me".

  18. #18
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,964

    Post imported post

    To answer the question in the post, yes VA will put Warner in the Senate. Gilmore really is a poor campaigner.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •