• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

so is warner heading for a landslide victory in va?

kenny

imported post

So you heard about the guy, he says he is for "No Income Tax". I guess some Virginians will fall for that.

As for Governor Warner at least he was able to straighten out Gilmore and Allen's mis-management. Just ask any road builder or former VDOT worker. They can set you straight on Gilmore and Allen.

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I know Warner did fix the state of affairs in VA when he was gov. However, that doesn't mean he isn't just like all the other politicians that will do whatever they must to get into office.

I had a favorable opinion of the guy as well until I heard what he said in that video.

kenny

imported post

So the video is an ad for Gilmore. Any one who thinks it is real needs to go get in line behind Gilmore at the VEC. Just because something is spoken, printed or otherwise published during an election people think it is the truth. I hope if you have kids you teach them to get their heads out of the ground.

If I am not mistaken the NRA says the two candidates are equal by their scoring system. Depending on which way you look at the NRA that may or may not be a good thing.

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kenny wrote:
So the video is an ad for Gilmore. Any one who thinks it is real needs to go get in line behind Gilmore at the VEC. Just because something is spoken, printed or otherwise published during an election people think it is the truth. I hope if you have kids you teach them to get their heads out of the ground.

If I am not mistaken the NRA says the two candidates are equal by their scoring system. Depending on which way you look at the NRA that may or may not be a good thing.
The truth will shake out. If he really said that, he lost my vote. I'm sure there are other sources that will either validate or invalidate the recording. I'm not a one issue voter, but whoever is in that recording is on the wrong side of a lot of the issues that matter to me.

Thundar

imported post

kenny wrote:
So you heard about the guy, he says he is for "No Income Tax". I guess some Virginians will fall for that.

As for Governor Warner at least he was able to straighten out Gilmore and Allen's mis-management. Just ask any road builder or former VDOT worker. They can set you straight on Gilmore and Allen.

No it is real, but it is old. Warner is coasting to victory....but there is a better choice....

REDPATH FOR SENATE

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bnkrazy wrote:
kenny wrote:

The truth will shake out. If he really said that, he lost my vote. I'm sure there are other sources that will either validate or invalidate the recording. I'm not a one issue voter, but whoever is in that recording is on the wrong side of a lot of the issues that matter to me.
He really said that at a fundraiser back when he was Chairman of the Democratic Party of Virginia.

30 cal slut

imported post

guys, i'm sorry for the bucket of cold water, i was confused too.

(i'm an out of stater)

i'm only pointing this out because i'm strongly considering moving to Virginia. the overriding consideration being a pro-2A environment.

ufcfanvt

imported post

I wrote his campaign about it yesterday. I said that I wanted to know if it was his voice. I then asked about 4 key, self-defense related questions (carry, "assault" weapons, castle doctrine, etc) and said he'd better answer right or my vote will go to Gilmore out of spite.
We'll see ...

kenny

imported post

Skeptic wrote:
bnkrazy wrote:
kenny wrote:

He really said that at a fundraiser back when he was Chairman of the Democratic Party of Virginia.
Say ain't so, show me the actual quoted text or if you were there I might take your word. I'll bet some of you think wrestling on television is real?

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

kenny wrote:
Skeptic wrote:
bnkrazy wrote:
kenny wrote:

Say ain't so, show me the actual quoted text or if you were there I might take your word. I'll bet some of you think wrestling on television is real?
I am confused. Are you saying that is not Mark Warner's voice in the recording?

kenny

imported post

I am confused. Are you saying that is not Mark Warner's voice in the recording?
Just looking for a date, time and a complete transcript of the comments. #1 I do not trust anything I view on Youtube and I do not trust the media nor the ads they air.

It is called editing. The average person will believe anything they hear.

I'm from Missouri so you have to "Show Me".