• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

JUST a question

warlockmatized

imported post

Are we allowed to have "for sale" threads here? I checked the rules and didn't see anything against it.

COME TRY BEFORE YOU BUY

Vehicle broke down...

Desperate times call for desperate measures. As such I am listing one of my most prized possessions. My Galaxy DX-2527 10,11, AND 12 meter radio and my Super Cobra 500 amp. I have talked all over the "world" on these units. FULLY functional from 26 - 32 mHz. EVERYTHING works. Comes with stock Galaxy mic, with channel changer buttons built in. (MIGHT list my silver eagle lollipop mic in separate post). Fully peaked and tuned. Matched to the amp. Amplifier does WELL over its 500 watt rating!!! Ready to talk the talk!
At this time i am not interested in splitting them up. However i MIGHT consider it...

ETA: The red light on the power switch for the amp is out at this time. But as you can see in the pix, the amp DOES fire on.

COME TRY BEFORE YOU BUY

$700.00 OBO
FTF deal to 48094. Can't deliver...vehicle broke
Don't be shy. Will consider ALL offers. Sorry not interested in trades "at this time". Need to get vehicle back on road.

Description from Galaxy's site:
# Liquid Crystal Frequency Display
# Two large, easy-to-read Meters
# Meter Scales for Signal, Power Output, SWR and Modulation (AM only)
# Red/Green Transmit/Receive LED
# "On-Demand" switchable Talk Back Circuit with Volume Control
# Noise Blanker/Automatic Noise Limiter
# Roger Beep
# Mic Gain
# Receive Gain
# SSB in addition to AM/FM/CW/PA

* PA includes Echo, Voice-Changer and 4-position Robot

# 25 watts Maximum Output Power - SSB
# 10 watts Maximum Output Power - AM
# Variable Output Power
# Split Frequency Capability for Repeater Use
# 1.5 KHz Clarifier for Receive only
# Dimensions:
* 19"W x 6-1/2"H x 14"D (with handles)
* 16-1/2"W x 6-1/2"H x 13-1/4"D (handles removed)
# Weight -- 21 pounds (Shipping weight -- 29 pounds)

dsc00004nz3.jpg

dsc00005wb3.jpg

dsc00006vv1.jpg

dsc00002ad7.jpg

dsc00001ct9.jpg

dsc00003ki0.jpg

dsc00011pk7.jpg

dsc00014ot0.jpg

FogRider

imported post

You must not have looked very close :p I can't say I speak for the owners of the forum, but from what I have seen, private sales are tolerated, but any kind commercial operation is shut down fairly quickly. If you just want to sell a few guns, and you keep it to a minimum, you should be good to go. Remember, this is primarily an OC forum.

warlockmatized

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
I didn't know you were a CB, TWO-WAY, COMMUICATIN', BUCKET MOUTH, GOOD BUDDY.... operator!! 10-4 / 10-7............
I've been talking for 30 years :)

"Me and my world wide, four wheeled, real deal, giddy-up and go, Warlock and roll mobile and i'm standing by!"

UPDATE: Car is FATAL!!! Please tell a friend about this listing. I NEED IT GONE.....have to purchase new car.

WARCHILD

imported post

I'll check with a couple of people I know. I've been out of the two-way for over 15yrs. now and don't have many contacts left. Cell phones killed the 2 way market.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:
SNIP: Cell phones killed the 2 way market.
Hmmm weird. I still share morning coffee with contacts in Fla, Ala, Ga, NC, SC lol Shoot skip nightly to Costa Rica, Germany etc etc
How come all your coffee buddies are in souther states? Just curious, I don't know much about this thing called two-way radios.

WARCHILD

imported post

There is a better radio wave to the south from this area. West gets knocked by the Rockies. Radio waves bounce off the mountains and don't go over. North, not too much up there to talk to or about. East is ok, but a little too snobish for me.

my .02

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
I talk to "locals" here in Mich. But it is definitely more of a thrill to talk out of state or out of the country for that matter.

I bet you never talk about OC with those out of staters.;)

warlockmatized

imported post

Venator wrote:
warlockmatized wrote:
I talk to "locals" here in Mich. But it is definitely more of a thrill to talk out of state or out of the country for that matter.

I bet you never talk about OC with those out of staters.;)
Sometimes your talk time is limited with a specific contact, SOOO many people out there.

Back OT.....bump!