leitung wrote:1) NRS 202.300 1. ... a child under the age of 18 years shall not handle or have in his possession or under his control, ... any firearm of any kind ...Pretty basic questions,
1) I am 19 going on 20 on the 22nd, I am of legal age to OC correct?
2) I understand it's legal for non Nevada residents to OC?
3) How much do I have to worry about a confrontation with an LEO in the Reno/Carson City area?
Non related Q:
4) I am looking to move to Nevada, and I plan on checking out how much rent for a 1 bdrm apt is, any idea on what a fair rate is for a decent place in a decent neighborhood is in Carson?
Considering the ****tty laws I live under now, Nevada is looking pretty good!
Full text: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRs/NRS-2...l#NRS202Sec300
This section is the only age limit on possession I know of. Later in the section it says 14+ can carry under certain circumstances (hunting, target practice at a range, etc). You must be 21+ for a CCW permit. At least 1 person that posts here has mentioned being 19 or 20, so they can tell you about their experiences.
2) The answer is: Absolutely. There are no laws in Nevada restricting carrying a firearm for non-residents only. Schools, govt buildings, child care facilities, etc are off limits to residents too. Nevada likes tourists, and doesn't like to discriminate against them. When you turn 21 you can even get a non-resident CCW.
I can't help you with questions 3 or 4, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly that can.
As far as moving out of Kommiefornia, cool. I did it 6 years ago. Best choice I ever made.