• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

October Meetup -- Saturday, Oct 11, 6:00pm

ScottyT

imported post

Just thought I should give it its own thread. IF THIS ISN"T ON UCC YET, PLEASE POST IT THERE!

Thanks to Matai for setting it up!

HEY EVERYONE!!!!

Now that I've got your attention... ;)

Joy Luck is fine with us showing up, armed and all.They're only concern is that all applicable laws are followed, so I took the opportunity to educate them on Utah's open carry laws and they were fine with it. They will have their private banquet room set up for us. Here's the info:

Joy Luck Restaurant
10745 S. State St in Sandy
Sat, Oct 11th @ 6:00 PM

Meals are $8-$14. Add to that drinks and appetizers, as you like.

The reservation is under "Utah Open Carry"

Now, how about a head count? I've heard 2 "yes"'s so far. I'll be there, too. Assuming the other ones are married that's 6 people. Kind of sad for a get-together. C'mon, who else is planning on being there?

Bring on the dancing monkeys!!!!!
:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey

CCarry

imported post

I'll show up unless it is going to cause a problem for people if I do. No, I am not looking to cause a problem.

CCarry

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
CCarry wrote:
I'll show up unless it is going to cause a problem for people if I do. No, I am not looking to cause a problem.
Only if you OpenCarry!!! Muhahahaha!:celebrate
I'll be carrying but you won't know where it is!:uhoh:

ScottyT

imported post

Let's try to keep this thread specific to the event. Attendance, rides, questions, etc. Everyone is welcome to come, CC, OC, or No C!

Are you coming? Yes or No.

Simple as that.

ainokea

imported post

ScottyT wrote:
Let's try to keep this thread specific to the event. Attendance, rides, questions, etc. Everyone is welcome to come, CC, OC, or No C!

Simple as that.

Unfortunately, I forgot I have a B-Day party to go to so no I will not be able to attend.

CCarry

imported post

ScottyT wrote:

Simple as that.
Yes

ScottyT

imported post

Great dinner tonight guys! We had 19.5 people there (one babe in arms).

Good food, great company and great conversation!

Thanks to Matai for setting this one up!

I already have something in mind for November!

yo101jimmy

imported post

Sounds like it would have been fun. sorry guys I didnt come I messed up my left leg.

:banghead:

Would still like to go out get a drink with TJ if him and anyone else is wanting too

Matai

imported post

It was great meeting so many of tonight. I still feel like a "new guy" around here, but you really made me feel welcome.

Please forgive me if I have a hard time putting names, faces, and handles together, I also can't chew gum and walk at the same time :p. What can I say? I'll keep working on it ... and the walking with gum thing, too. ;)

I look forward to next month's meet. MarshallDodge suggested we go someplace to shoot first, then catch dinner after. I'll second that motion!

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Matai wrote:
It was great meeting so many of tonight. I still feel like a "new guy" around here, but you really made me feel welcome.
[snip]
Haha you are still the new guy with just 10 posts under your belt. But by organizing a very successful meet-up, you just graduated to full member :celebrate:celebrate jk man.

A great time was had by me and mine, and I'm glad we got to see everyone who came.
It sounds like Scotty might have something up his sleeve for next month, and I'm already excited.

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It was really fun tonight, and good to see everyone again. Kevin said it was good to here from everyone and he wished he could have been there. thanks Matai for setting this up, and good to meet you and your wife and cute little one. I plan on being at Cracker Barrel with the kiddos on Tues. unless something comes up, but nothing in the works right now. See whoever there!