• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Found the NOVA OBAMA HQ

rob99vmi04

imported post

I was going to Pev's Paintball shop in Fairfax City about 1 mile from the NRA HQ, and what do I discover. The Restaurant Thursdays was shut down. Replacing it was The OBAMA Campaign. I was like wow this is kindof unique. Anyway, if your in the neighboorhood its the shopping center behind TED Britt in Fairfax, Right across the street from KMART.

architect

imported post

There is, apparently, one in downtown Falls Church too, although I haven't seen it myself.

I am tempted to OC there just to see how 2A-friendly the DP faithful really are. Set up strong-side to the door, and have a nice long chat about whatever. The thing holding me back is that I haven't come up with a plausible-sounding reason for visiting that isn't hypocritical.

Neplusultra

imported post

architect wrote:
There is, apparently, one in downtown Falls Church too, although I haven't seen it myself.

I am tempted to OC there just to see how 2A-friendly the DP faithful really are. Set up strong-side to the door, and have a nice long chat about whatever. The thing holding me back is that I haven't come up with a plausible-sounding reason for visiting that isn't hypocritical.
How about, "I've heard that Obama is Pro-Gun, is that true?" "Oh, 'reasonable gun laws', what does he mean by 'reasonable'?" "Oh, you don't know. Is there anyone here that does know?"

You could make this go on for hours.... you would eventually get the boot, says $10.

FogRider

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
How about, "I've heard that Obama is Pro-Gun, is that true?" "Oh, 'reasonable gun laws', what does he mean by 'reasonable'?" "Oh, you don't know. Is there anyone here that does know?"

You could make this go on for hours.... you would eventually get the boot, says $10.
Why would you want to do that?

XD Owner

imported post

At Clarendon Day in Arlington a couple of weekends ago, I asked some Obama campaign volunteers what is the candidate's stance on the second amendment. One replied she didn't really know. The other said she was too nervous to talk to me.

I think my "I am a Bitter Gun Owner and I Vote" NRA t-shirt flustered them. That and maybe my holstered XD-9.

Silly dems.

richarcm

imported post

XD Owner wrote:
At Clarendon Day in Arlington a couple of weekends ago, I asked some Obama campaign volunteers what is the candidate's stance on the second amendment. One replied she didn't really know. The other said she was too nervous to talk to me.

I think my "I am a Bitter Gun Owner and I Vote" NRA t-shirt flustered them. That and maybe my holstered XD-9.

Silly dems.
Aww...Obama supporters are so adorable!!!!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

rob99vmi04 wrote:
I was going to Pev's Paintball shop in Fairfax City about 1 mile from the NRA HQ, and what do I discover. The Restaurant Thursdays was shut down. Replacing it was The OBAMA Campaign. I was like wow this is kindof unique. Anyway, if your in the neighboorhood its the shopping center behind TED Britt in Fairfax, Right across the street from KMART.
Bundabar wrote:
There's an Obama central on the first floor of 4350 North Fairfax Drivein Arlington too.

architect wrote:

I am tempted to OC there just to see how 2A-friendly the DP faithful really are. Set up strong-side to the door, and have a nice long chat about whatever. ...

As info for you guys.

Virginia Obama Campaign for Change Campaign Offices

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/vaoffices

Maybe you could make a day of it?

Bulldog1967

imported post

architect wrote:

1 block form my office. I OC past it on my way to Elevation Burger now and then.

LEO 229

imported post

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/HloeGwmcVcs&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Infidel

imported post

architect wrote:

So what if your hypocritical, everything Obama is about is hypocritical. :?