• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First OC encounter

tricityguy

imported post

I've been OCing for several weeks now, plenty of comments and discussion between friends & family but nothing from the public beyond some odd looks. Yesterday evening I had my first encounter with a gentleman named Steve (I forgot his last name) working at Center Vac & Sew in Kennewick. Actually, I think he's the owner, he didn't say as much but I got that impression.

I stopped by to pickup some filters for my vacuum cleaner and we chatted about vacuums for a bit. After I paid for my items, he asked if I was a police officer. I responded "No, just exercising my second amendment rights", and we had a very nice conversation. He was extremely supportive and has a CPL himself but didn't know OC was legal in Washington. I gave him a card (I don't want to carry around full sized pamphlets, so I condensed the basics onto a business card & included the URL to opencarry.org for more info.) He said he intended to share the information with many more people.

If anyone in the Tri-Cities needs a vacuum cleaner or sewing machine, or parts for either, head on down there. It's a small, locally owned operation and they're very supportive of our second amendment rights.