• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Crime in the United States

2a4all

imported post

This gives the anti's as much ammunition as it does the pro's..

Using the rate/100,000 and comparing FL to DC, murder & robbery rate increases are about the same, rape much improved in FL (-5.8% vs + 2.6%), but DC fared much better in aggravated assault (-20.6% vs -1.7%). DC's population decreased while FL's grew slightly.

(If you got it, carry it) VT had a slight population decrease (but it's still only slightly larger than DC), resulting in a slight increase in the murder rate (+0.4%), while rape, aggravated assault & robbery are much improved. New York improved across the board.

Of course, this is also based only on crimes that are reported. There's no good way to know about unreported crimes, or about crimes that were averted because the potential victim was armed (perhaps less likely in NY & DC).

I'll still carry my SP101.

nofoa

imported post

You'll need to wait longer than a year. It has taken the big shots this long to say that semi-auto hand guns are not "Machine guns." Not to mention to hellish hoops you still have to jump through just to own a handgun.