• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BMWAG harrassed and summoned after Council Meeting by Norfolk PD again!!!!

Chkultr

imported post

How many of you on here are getting caught up with GERTZ on pilotonline? I think he is just on there to start up controversy and keep us all fired up! Any thoughts?

mvpel

imported post

Just because a government body hires a private company to run a facility which they partly or fully own doesn't exempt that government body from adherence to requirements imposed on them by law.

Some towns here in New Hampshire tried that sort of thing with respect to shooting on town-owned lands, trying to get around statewide preemption by asserting "property rights" under the law, as if they were you or I prohibiting people from shooting from our back porches.

It's nonsense here, and it's nonsense there.

Thundar

imported post

mvpel wrote:
Just because a government body hires a private company to run a facility which they partly or fully own doesn't exempt that government body from adherence to requirements imposed on them by law.

Some towns here in New Hampshire tried that sort of thing with respect to shooting on town-owned lands, trying to get around statewide preemption by asserting "property rights" under the law, as if they were you or I prohibiting people from shooting from our back porches.

It's nonsense here, and it's nonsense there.
Yes it is nonsense, but it can be painful to get the city to admit that.

In VA the first trial is in General District Court. This trial is not a trial of record and is in front of a judge. If you are convicted you can appeal (within 10 days) and the trial in circuit court is De Novo - A new trial of facts - Here Dan could ask for a jury. The problem for an activist is that the trial means almost nothing in regards to legal precedent unless you loose the first time General District Court, but win in Circuit Court.

The city will try to do a slippery dance to avoid the issues, and in the end they "win" unless Dan loses, then wins. That is a very risky proposition, take a loss in general district court (Class 1 misdemeanor = up to 1 year in jail) in order to get the issue into a court of record where you may or may not win.

KBCraig

imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:
The story says it is private property. Is this true?
Even if there were no confusion, and it was a purely private venue, police can't arbitrarily act as agents of the property owners. Absent a complaint of trespass from the owner or manager, or absent other clear notice such as a fence and "no trespassing" signs, police can't just declare that someone is "trespassing" because the police told them to leave.

nitrovic

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
I'm sure you've seen your share of police involved racism Dougie, considering 98% of people are white in your town. AND the crime rate is literally 0. You are indeed the expert on all things law enforcement Dougie, good job buddy. :lol:

Like I said Dougie (I'll explain in little boy terms so you can understand), they probably have a problem with DAN. Hence, his friend (who is not Dan), was told to leave. Obviously word gets out about stuff like this.
I moved here from Charleston, South Carolina where I learned policing from Chief Roddy Perry and his staff (H/T Stan Gragg and Chief Harry Sewell) and Chief Reuben Greenberg, my neighbor at the marina.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reuben_Greenberg
Reuben Greenberg, born in 1943, was the first Black police chief of Charleston, South Carolina, and known for being an innovative criminologist. He was police chief there from 1982 [1] until his retirement in 2005 [2].
So you were an officer in Charleston, is that correct? Simply living next to a police Chief does not give you and credibility. I lived next to a dentist when I grew up, you can come over and i'll hook up some cavities for you. I know all about dentistry because he was my next door neighbor.:lol:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

nitrovic wrote:
So you were an officer in Charleston, is that correct? Simply living next to a police Chief does not give you and credibility. I lived next to a dentist when I grew up, you can come over and i'll hook up some cavities for you. I know all about dentistry because he was my next door neighbor.:lol:
No. They were not next door neighbors. I was then, as now, an activist.

You will have to continue to characterize me in your own ignorant flatfoot-cop way. I am particularly not seeking credibility from an ignorant flatfoot-cop, not from Anony Mouse and not from virtual entities.

nitrovic

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
No.  They were not next door neighbors.  I was then, as now, an activist. 

You will have to continue to characterize me in your own ignorant flatfoot-cop way.  I am particularly not seeking credibility from an ignorant flatfoot-cop, not from Anony Mouse and not from virtual entities.

Just making it clear, you were NOT a police officer correct?

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
I was then, as now, an activist. Well now, that's what the world needs more of (insert vomiting sound effects here)

You will have to continue to characterize me in your own ignorant flatfoot-cop way. I am particularly not seeking credibility from an ignorant flatfoot-cop, not from Anony Mouse and not from virtual entities. Thats "minimum wage earning flatfoot", please get it correct....

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
The narrator in Sergei Bondarchuk's Soviet film version of Tolstoy's book "War and Peace"

You do not become a "dissident" just because you decide one day to take up this most unusual career. You are thrown into it by your personal sense of responsibility, combined with a complex set of external circumstances. You are cast out of the existing structures and placed in a position of conflict with them. It begins as an attempt to do your work well, and ends with being branded an enemy of society.
-- Vaclav Havel

Tomahawk

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
I was then, as now, an activist. Well now, that's what the world needs more of (insert vomiting sound effects here)

Says the guy whose location is "proactiveshooters.com".

I consider myself an activist. So do many others here. Sorry you think there are too many of us.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Proactiveshooters.com merely profits thirty pieces of silver by capitalizing on infringements to the Second Amendment.  He is a gun control activist from the repugnicrat party contrasted with one from the democrap party.

lol. Care to pick up the gauntlet?

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

marshaul wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Proactiveshooters.com merely profits thirty pieces of silver by capitalizing on infringements to the Second Amendment. He is a gun control activist from the repugnicrat party contrasted with one from the democrap party.

lol. Care to pick up the gauntlet?
I cant possibly match wits with that kind of logical thinking......Doug's way ahead of his time.....a true champion of his cause.