• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Possible Open Carry Event

Thundar

imported post

Tom Ridge to host McCain campaign event in Newport News
Posted to: Newport News News Presidential Election

By Patrick Wilson
The Virginian-Pilot
© October 8, 2008
NEWPORT NEWS

Former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge will host a town hall meeting on Friday in Newport News in support of John McCain’s presidential bid, the McCain campaign said.

The meeting will be at 2 p.m. in the David Student Union Building at Christopher Newport University. The topic is financial security for Hampton Roads families, the campaign said.

Other guests include Republican Sen. John Warner of Virginia, former Massachusetts Republican Gov. Jane Swift and Roberta McCain, John McCain’s mother.

The event is free and open to the public.

Ridge, a Republican, was the country’s first homeland security secretary, from 2003 to 2005. He was the governor of Pennsylvania from 1995 to 2001. Ridge was among people McCain considered for a running mate before choosing Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

Thundar

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why would you think of this being ripe for an OC event?

1) Political Town Hall Meeting

2) Meeting at a College, RE: recent AG opinion - can't stop me, yippee!

3) Ask Ridge, the king of JBTs, why he worked so hard to deny citizens their rights, and whether McPain will continue to decimate the Bill of Rights.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thundar wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why would you think of this being ripe for an OC event?

1) Political Town Hall Meeting

2) Meeting at a College, RE: recent AG opinion - can't stop me, yippee!

3) Ask Ridge, the king of JBTs, why he worked so hard to deny citizens their rights, and whether McPain will continue to decimate the Bill of Rights.

Good enough reasons for me.