• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

John Warner - Anti Gun

Taclead

imported post

Link: http://www.dakotavoice.com/2008/10/senate-candidate-homeschoolers-pro.html

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Senate Candidate: Homeschoolers, Pro-Lifers, Gun Owners Threaten American Values [/b]

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MZz-JAMGD6g/SOtSf-9iIcI/AAAAAAAAHzE/vTvy1oyzuAs/s1600-h/MarkWarner.jpgI haven't been following closely the Virginia senate race between Democrat Mark Warner and Republican Jim Gilmore (to replace the retiring Senator John Warner).

But I came across this clip this morning and found it startling. I found it startling not for what was said--because I hear Democrats saying things like this every day, just not ones running for office--but because someone was actually able to record it. Democrats--at least ones running for public office--are usually more circumspect about their true feelings like this.

In this clip, you'll hear Democrat Senate candidate Mark Warner tell a group

you're going to see a coalition that has just about completely taken over the Republican Party in this state and if they have their way, it's going to take over state government. It's made up of the Christian Coalition, it's made up of the right to lifers, it's made up of the NRA, it's made up of the homeschoolers, it's made up of a whole coalition of people that have all sorts of different views that I think most of us in this room would find threatening to what it means to be an American.

So Christianity is threatening to what it means to be an American?

So living out one's faith as if it really mattered is threatening to what it means to be an American?

So protecting innocent human life is threatening to what it means to be an American?

So defending the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms is threatening to what it means to be an American?

So parents teaching their children, to preserve their moral center and ensure a quality education, is threatening to what it means to be an American?

Well, I guess I've been wrong all these years about what it means to be an American

And apparently the people who founded America were also wrong about what it means to be an American.

Because the kind of things Mark Warner finds repugnant and threatening to what it means to be an American...these are the kind of values the Founders held to be so deeply important.

It's interesting to know that people like me and people like the Founders didn't understand that being an American is really about total sexual license, denial of the Creator who gave us our rights, and total subservience to the state.

I'm glad Mark Warner set us straight on that.

It is very, very rare indeed to see a Democrat with the courage to tell us what they really believe, and set us straight on "what it means to be an American."

Thundar

imported post

mkl wrote:
bnkrazy wrote:
John Warner is on the way out, but you are correct, he is anti-gun. :)
This is not about John warner, this is about MARK Warner.

The thread title says John. John is a fist class $#itbird. I am glad he is too old and feeble to run for reelection. Mark Warner was young and stupid when he said those things. He is now older, but still stupid.

Either Mark Warner or GIlmore would be better than John Warner, but the best gun rights and liberty candidate for the senate from VA is....

REDPATH 08

savery

imported post

Thundar wrote:
mkl wrote:
bnkrazy wrote:

The thread title says John. John is a fist class $#itbird. I am glad he is too old and feeble to run for reelection. Mark Warner was young and stupid when he said those things. He is now older, but still stupid.

Either Mark Warner or GIlmore would be better than John Warner, but the best gun rights and liberty candidate for the senate from VA is....

REDPATH 08

Thundar, I just got the candidate ratings from GOA. They rated redpath a D. Any ideas? as usual, his website sucked...

Thundar

imported post

savery wrote:
Thundar wrote:
mkl wrote:
bnkrazy wrote:

REDPATH 08

Thundar, I just got the candidate ratings from GOA. They rated redpath a D. Any ideas? as usual, his website sucked...
I have been waiting for GOAs rating. I have no idea how a libertarian, who fully supports the lNational Lbertarian 2A plank could get a D??? Let me investigate, maybe I'll eat crow, but damn it, if Redpath is a closet gun grabber and I trusted him, I might turn into a zombie and have to roam the earth in search of brains like LEO 229!!

mkl

imported post

Thundar wrote:
savery wrote:
Thundar wrote:
mkl wrote:
bnkrazy wrote:

The thread title says John.  John is a fist class $#itbird.  I am glad he is too old and feeble to run for reelection.  Mark Warner was young and stupid when he said those things.  He is now older, but still stupid.

REDPATH 08

Thundar,  I just got the candidate ratings from GOA.  They rated redpath a D.  Any ideas?  as usual, his website sucked...
I have been waiting for GOAs rating.  I have no idea how a libertarian, who fully supports the lNational Lbertarian 2A plank could get a D???  Let me investigate, maybe I'll eat crow, but damn it, if Redpath is a closet gun grabber and I trusted him, I might turn into a zombie and have to roam the earth in search of brains like LEO 229!!

From a survey from the "Pink Pistols" All of his answers seem pretty pro-gun, the only thing that could be seen as remotely "anti" is the following answer, but I am not sure what laws he is talking about adding.

Question:
If elected would you support legislation for the removal of firearm laws and regulations? If your answer is yes, and if you are elected, what specific legislation would you propose/support to ensure that this individual right is protected? Which current laws which infringe upon this individual right would you seek to repeal?

Redpath:
"I favor repealing most gun control laws, although I would propose retention and even creation of a few that, according to research by Florida State University criminologist Gary Kleck, who has written at least two pro-gun books, have likely reduced crime."

http://www.pinkpistols.org/answers2001/redpath.html

Thundar

imported post

Thundar wrote:
savery wrote:
Thundar wrote:
mkl wrote:
bnkrazy wrote:

REDPATH 08

I have been waiting for GOAs rating. I have no idea how a libertarian, who fully supports the lNational Lbertarian 2A plank could get a D??? Let me investigate, maybe I'll eat crow, but damn it, if Redpath is a closet gun grabber and I trusted him, I might turn into a zombie and have to roam the earth in search of brains like LEO 229!!
Here is the e-mail I just sent to Redpath:

Mr. Redpath,

Could you please provide an unambiguous statement about your position on gun rights? Do you fully support article 1.6 of the National Libertarian Platform?

National Libertarian Platform

1.6 Self-Defense

The only legitimate use of force is in defense of individual rights — life, liberty, and justly acquired property — against aggression. This right inheres in the individual, who may agree to be aided by any other individual or group. We affirm the right to keep and bear arms, and oppose the prosecution of individuals for exercising their rights of self-defense. We oppose all laws at any level of government requiring registration of, or restricting, the ownership, manufacture, or transfer or sale of firearms or ammunition.

I am very concerned because the Gun Owners of America Guide gives you a grade of “D”. I do not understand and would welcome an explanation.

Thank You for your time,

XXX XXXXXXXXX

rebfan

imported post

Mark Warner just admitted in the video he thinks the NRA has a bad influrence on the State. Say what you want about the NRA, but Warner let his true feelings show in the video. Sure, when he is in South Side he is all about gun rights,but when speaking to his liberal friends the truth comes out. Mark Warner also lied about raising taxes. He is a horrible choice for Senator.

rebfan

imported post

So, you would rather have an anti-gun Senator because you and he feel the NRA has a bad influence on the State?

darthmord

imported post

Better to know where someone stands than to have a politician speaking out of both sides of his mouth.

Besides, after the way I was treated by the staff at the NRA range in Chantilly, VA a few weeks back, I'm not all that impressed with the NRA either. I hope the staff at that range aren't representative of the NRA in general.

Besides, I'd be scared of some of those things in the OP as well... many of the backers of those ideas want to force their ideas down everyone's throats regardless of personal desires of the recipients.

Freedom of Religion also means I get to choose my religion. it doesn't mean someone else gets to choose it for me or use my private property as their pulpit.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can spout off indiscriminately. It also doesn't mean I have to listen to your speech either.

You see, there's this thing called Rights & Responsibilities. If you fail toresponsibly use your rights, you tend to lose them.

Example #1: Use your Right to Freedom of Speech to incite a riot. Your butt *WILL* be arrested.

Example #2: Use your Right to Keep and Bear Arms to intimidate others (often known as brandishing) and you *WILL* get into trouble.

I won't begrudge anyone the free exercise of their rights. The key component though is your rights stop where mine start. One must always properly and responsibly exercise their rights. Sometimes, the responsible use is to not use them. Sometimes it is. Choose wisely for the situation and context.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

So home schoolers along with NRA members are a threat to everything it means to be an American. I am sure the founding fathers would have been fascinated to hear that since I would suspect many of them were schooled at home.

rebfan

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
rebfan wrote:
So, you would rather have an anti-gun Senator because you and he feel the NRA has a bad influence on the State?

Is that what you think I said?

I'm not sure what you are tying to say, that is why I asked the question. As I stated in my orginal post, say what you want about the NRA, hardly a blind endorsment of them. However, what you see is a liberal who tries to play both sides of the issue regarding guns. IfWarner is elected, he will be in lock step with his party on the gun issue, and suddenly the guy who appeared to be pro gun as Governor will be gone. BTW,did he passbills that were pro gun because he supported them or because he realized the GA would overturn his vetos?

If he thinks the NRA is bad for the State, how do you think he feels about VCDL and OC.org?

Tomahawk

imported post

I think I'm not interested in voting for one guy because I'm scared of the other guy. I was scared of Al Gore, and for my troubles I got endless war, a police state, and a ruined economy. Oops!

I won't argue with you about Warner's shortcomings. You have a point. But I'm not as worried about it as I used to be.