• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Belle Isle Picnic - October 26th

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Hey everyone,

The picnic is confirmed for October 26th. Please see the events thread (http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/15478.html) for full details. Please send me a PM to register and let me know if you can help with any of the needed items.

Edit: - Expecting the weather to be kind of cool, I am thinking a nice big steaming pot of chili would hit the spot rather than grilling. Any objections?

MrsRuger45

imported post

please put ruger45 & I down as possible attendies. I hate to sign up to bring stuff when I'm not sure if we can be there. :uhoh: I'll wait until closer to the date & see what is still needed. But.........I'm thinking corn bread, cheese cake & my camera!

MrsRuger45

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
Ok then, Chili it is. I'll make my Chernobyl recipe but be warned, you maywant to have lots of bread and water on the ready.

Maybe someone could whip up a slightly cooler blend for the sensitive stomachs?
I say.............bring it on!!!!!!!!! :lol::what::celebrate

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Getting closer...

SpringerXDacp has been so gracious as to relieve me of maintaining the signup sheet in the events thread.

If you will be coming, or think you will be coming, please send him a PM so he can add you to the headcount. If you would like to bring anything, a list of needed items is there also. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/15478.html

Gosirr

imported post

I may be bringing +3 now. I'm also going to bring some of the needed supplies, but will wait till just before the picnic to decide whatwe arebringing.

On another note. I got 4 people to sign up on the forums this week, they are all amazed on this issue.

Gosirr

imported post

Thanks jeff, Just got home from the beer fest downtown Detroit. I told 2 more people about open carry, but i didn't have my clip board with the info packs in it, so i just told them about it and the web site. both of them were quite flabbergasted, but said they would check out the website, and mabe goto the bell isle picnic to see it for them selves.

warlockmatized

imported post

Gosirr wrote:
Thanks jeff, Just got home from the beer fest downtown Detroit. I told 2 more people about open carry, but i didn't have my clip board with the info packs in it, so i just told them about it and the web site. both of them were quite flabbergasted, but said they would check out the website, and mabe goto the bell isle picnic to see it for them selves.
Great job!

warlockmatized

imported post

ruger45 wrote:
has anyone looked at the weather for tommoro?it is supposed to get pretty windy and cold and rain.
Heads up! The forecast for Sunday says...Windy with a few showers possible. High 54F. Winds WSW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 30%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Plan for it :)

Gosirr

imported post

My first picnic. It could be -40 and i would be there. My sloppy joes just got done-and oh they are good. Just wondering how to keep em warm? Maybe a radiator sloppy joe?