• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GOA Releases Gun Owners Voter guide!

imported post

except Simpson voted for the 700 billion dollar bailout. that should knock him down a few notches.

imported post

Also, don't forget Gregory Nemitiz as a Write in

You should remember him from the Ron Paul rally this year

[font="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif"]Issue Position: The Right to Keep and Bear Arms

Your support of this campaign is a statement for:

The American right to keep and bear arms is a God-given, inalienable right (not a privilege), and is fully protected by the Second, Third, Fourth and Fifth Amendments to the Constitution of the United States of America, in the "Bill of Rights".
[/font]
[font="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif"]I oppose any and all infringements upon this most important right, and if elected will demand that all of the unconstitutional infringements and prohibitions of this absolute right, including the Roos-Roberti Act, be repealed. Government at all levels must issue concealed weapons permits unless just cause can be shown for refusal.[/font]
[font="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif"]I support the right of all citizens to be able to fully protect their homes, persons, and property, and opposes the registration of guns and ammunition, or any other attempt to outlaw specific types of arms. I believe that registration of guns will deprive the citizenry of the power to insure freedom from political oppression.[/font]
[font="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif"]I point out that lawless criminals can always acquire weapons. The result of disarming our law-abiding citizens, coupled with judicial emasculation of local police protection, leaves the average citizen without protection from the lawless.[/font]
[font="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif"]I call for the disbanding of government agencies, such as the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BATF), whose very existence is predicated upon limiting or denying Second Amendment rights. [/font]
[font="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif"]I condemn acts of terrorism, including those by government. I oppose use of terrorist acts as an excuse by government to restrict the rights of America's law abiding citizens.[/font]
[font="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif"]Gregory Nemitz, Candidate for Congress, Idaho's 2nd District [/font]

http://www.nemitz.net/2008/arms.html

G

imported post

Rex Rammell. Independent. Not only very pro 2a, but pro-constitution.

hitbackfirst

imported post

Both Risch and LaRocco received an 'A' from the NRA, so on gun rights they may be equal... (That's assuming LaRocco would not agree to a Democrat sponsored combo bill that included anti-gun legislation somewhere in it.) Aside from that, however, let's keep in mind that although more conservative than some Democrats, LaRocco still supports many traditional liberal "values."

He supports abortion. He even opposed a law requiring parental notification before an abortion is administored to a minor.

He supports increased penalties for so-called "hate crimes."

He voted to declare almost 8 million acres in California "wilderness" - a designation which pretty much makes the land useless to humans.

He supports increased Federal medling in helth care which means that more of your hard-earned money goes to pay for someone else's healthcare.

He believes we need to "significantly reduce emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases by using alternative energy sources and increasing our energy efficiency."

He suppoorts increased funding for pre-kindergarten education.

On National Security, LaRocco supports "negotiations" and "the battles of ideas" rather than military action. On the issue of Iranian nukes his only (vague) comment refers to more "negotiations."

Final straw? Larry LaRocco supports Barack Obama. How pro-gun is that?