Thread: OC meetup at Cabela's, 10-11-08, This Saturday!

Post imported post

Okay, time to throw it out there for a meeting of some like minded individuals.

When: Saturday, October 11th, 11am-12pm

Where: Cabela's, Hammond, IN (80/94 and Indianapolis), Food Court, 2nd floor

Why: To meet up, hang out, talk about OCing and other interests

*Cabela's has store policy on carrying handguns. You are allowed to OC or CC in the store, as long as you DO NOT unholster you firearm. If you want to try out accessories for your firearm, bring it to the front customer service desk (1st floor) and a representative will accompany you and your firearm while you evaluate holsters, etc. See the "Cabela's store policy" thread in this forum.

how does this sound to everyone? time alright? if this turns out well, maybe we could have a monthly meet up here, or possibly the conference room (if its free of course!)

Please post comments and suggestions; this is not set in stone and we can agree to different things.

Post imported post

I'll be there !

Post imported post

I may try to attend. I'll see if ym girlfriend is off of work. and bring the kid out.

Post imported post

I would like to show up, if there will be people there!

Post imported post

<-- this person will be there

Post imported post

I think the target time of 11-12 is a bit too large. I would like to hang out for 15 -20 minutes, but don't want to miss meeting some fellow OCers. Could we narrow it to 11:30-12? what do you guys think?

Post imported post

Some of us will probably be there for a while. Others will come and go as they please. All depends how comfortable you are or what other things you need to get done Saturday.

Post imported post

I'll be there with a friend.

Post imported post

I'll try to be there, probably with my wife too.

Can't have a OC outing at cabelas without the first person (my wife) to OC at cabelas there

Post imported post

Crap, I was sick after eating Maria Elena's the night before. Had a nasty headache and it felt horrible. I got up on time but couldn't get out of bed. =\

Post imported post

Fish wrote:
    Crap, I was sick after eating Maria Elena's the night before. Had a nasty headache and it felt horrible. I got up on time but couldn't get out of bed. =
    You missed a great time!

We'll have to do another one in a couple weeks.

Post imported post

Heck yeah. I don't plan on selling my guns anytime soon

Post imported post

Good meeting up with you all. Hopefully I'll be able to splurge on an OC holster sometime in the next few months (mayby a Christmas present) so I am not the only person at the table CCing.

I already forgot who it was, but I am interested more in the Whiting FOP gun range into. Where is it? Did I understand you right that you just donate the $20 and you can go to their range for a year? How restrictive are their hours at the range? Do they allow guests ever? I would appreciate the info, this sounds like it might allow me to enjoy shooting more often.

Post imported post

That was me. I joined their FOP about 2 years ago. I think the money goes towards the police retirement fund. I'm not sure what the requirements are for joining, all I did was put down my name and address. After they accept you they'll send you a sticker for your car and that blue card I had. The police dept. is on Schrage, just south of 119th. And the building you shoot in is at Whiting Park, inside the old brick building. I can head up there with you if you want, just so you know how everything works. They used to shoot clay pigeons out into the lake, but it's gotten too busy to keep allowing that. I'm hoping the gun range is still open, it's an old building and I haven't gone since probably February. One more thing about joining, they have a dinner around the beginning of Sept each year. Decent amount of polish food, plus there's a show.