• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC meetup at Cabela's, 10-11-08, This Saturday!

ghengis86

imported post

Okay, time to throw it out there for a meeting of some like minded individuals.

When: Saturday, October 11th, 11am-12pm

Where: Cabela's, Hammond, IN (80/94 and Indianapolis), Food Court, 2nd floor

Why: To meet up, hang out, talk about OCing and other interests

*Cabela's has store policy on carrying handguns. You are allowed to OC or CC in the store, as long as you DO NOT unholster you firearm. If you want to try out accessories for your firearm, bring it to the front customer service desk (1st floor) and a representative will accompany you and your firearm while you evaluate holsters, etc. See the "Cabela's store policy" thread in this forum.

how does this sound to everyone? time alright? if this turns out well, maybe we could have a monthly meet up here, or possibly the conference room (if its free of course!)

Please post comments and suggestions; this is not set in stone and we can agree to different things.

Unoid

imported post

I may try to attend. I'll see if ym girlfriend is off of work. and bring the kid out.

ghengis86

imported post

I think the target time of 11-12 is a bit too large. I would like to hang out for 15 -20 minutes, but don't want to miss meeting some fellow OCers. Could we narrow it to 11:30-12? what do you guys think?

Jubbie

imported post

Some of us will probably be there for a while. Others will come and go as they please. All depends how comfortable you are or what other things you need to get done Saturday.

Fish

imported post

Crap, I was sick after eating Maria Elena's the night before. Had a nasty headache and it felt horrible. I got up on time but couldn't get out of bed. =\

Prometheus

imported post

Fish wrote:
Crap, I was sick after eating Maria Elena's the night before. Had a nasty headache and it felt horrible. I got up on time but couldn't get out of bed. =
You missed a great time!

We'll have to do another one in a couple weeks.

squarepeg

imported post

Good meeting up with you all. Hopefully I'll be able to splurge on an OC holster sometime in the next few months (mayby a Christmas present) so I am not the only person at the table CCing.

I already forgot who it was, but I am interested more in the Whiting FOP gun range into. Where is it? Did I understand you right that you just donate the $20 and you can go to their range for a year? How restrictive are their hours at the range? Do they allow guests ever? I would appreciate the info, this sounds like it might allow me to enjoy shooting more often.

Jubbie

imported post

That was me. I joined their FOP about 2 years ago. I think the money goes towards the police retirement fund. I'm not sure what the requirements are for joining, all I did was put down my name and address. After they accept you they'll send you a sticker for your car and that blue card I had. The police dept. is on Schrage, just south of 119th. And the building you shoot in is at Whiting Park, inside the old brick building. I can head up there with you if you want, just so you know how everything works. They used to shoot clay pigeons out into the lake, but it's gotten too busy to keep allowing that. I'm hoping the gun range is still open, it's an old building and I haven't gone since probably February. One more thing about joining, they have a dinner around the beginning of Sept each year. Decent amount of polish food, plus there's a show.