• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Delaware now honors VA CHP

darthmord

imported post

Just out of curiosity, how many concealed permits can one have?

I keep hearing different numbers ranging from 2 max to however many you want to pay for.

RedKnightt

imported post

darthmord wrote:

I keep hearing different numbers ranging from 2 max to however many you want to pay for.
I believe the answer is a qualified (b): However many you want to pay for and will qualify for. Some states have stricter requirements than others. Virginia, for example, requires you to have some sort of proof of training, be it hunter safety, a DD-214, etc. New York requires you to be rich, well-connected, and/or famous, and Alaska's requires you to be able to hit a moose from a helicopter. Those last two may be a bit of an exxageration, but some states do require a safety/training course, some with live-fire and some without.

A couple of good sources for CCW info state-by-state are:

http://www.carryconcealed.net/

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

In some states, a CCW (CHP, CHL, etc) is needed for Open Carry also. Other states, like our lovely aforementioned Virginia, require no permit to OC.

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

darthmord wrote:

No statutory limit - I have 2 1/2 - Va., Utah and NH on the way.

Yata hey

darthmord

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
darthmord wrote:

Yata hey
Thanks for the responses both of you. I'll have to get to work on picking up a choice few others to open up my CCP options when I travel.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

I confused NH issues Non-Resident permits but from Carry Concealed.net

"New Hampshire Concealed Carry CCW Laws and Information" "Right-To-Carry Law Type: Shall Issue. The concealed carry is a full privilege concealed carry license with normal restrictions. This state does not honor CCW Permits from Non-Resident CCW Permit holders"

Why does a state that doesn't honor Non-Resident permitsissue them? :?

http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal/newhampshire-ccw-state-laws.php

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
I confused NH issues Non-Resident permits but from Carry Concealed.net

"New Hampshire Concealed Carry CCW Laws and Information" "Right-To-Carry Law Type: Shall Issue. The concealed carry is a full privilege concealed carry license with normal restrictions. This state does not honor CCW Permits from Non-Resident CCW Permit holders"

Why does a state that doesn't honor Non-Resident permitsissue them? :?

http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal/newhampshire-ccw-state-laws.php
New Hampshire does not honor other states' nonresident permits. See NH RSA 159:6-dand Chapter 159 generally. If you are a resident of a state that has reciprocity with NH and have a license in your state of residence, you may carry in NH. Otherwise, you must have a NH permit to carry in NH.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
What happened - any background information available?

Yata hey

According to Philip Van Cleave of VCDL, there is an issue with Delaware's ability to verify permits 24/7, so Virginia won't recognize them. Therefore, they've decided not to recognize Virginia.

Apparently they hope to have it ironed out "soon" (which in government bureaucratese could mean sometime in the next year or so).

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Recognition is where one state accepts or recognized another states permit without a formal agreement. There is no formal agreement between the two states. Recognition can be one-way or two-way.

Reciprocity is a legal agreement between two states to accepts each other's permits, subject to local law. For example, Virginia has reciprocity with Florida. Florida's permit covers concealed weapons while Virginia is only for handguns. A person with a Florida permit is allowed to carry a concealed handgun in Virginia using a Florida permit.

edit: grammar/structure

TFred

imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
Recognition is where one state accepts or recognized another states permit without a formal agreement. There is no formal agreement between the two states. Recognition can be one-way or two-way.

Reciprocity is a legal agreement between two states to accepts each other's permits, subject to local law. For example, Virginia has reciprocity with Florida. Florida's permit covers concealed weapons while Virginia is only for handguns. A person with a Florida permit is allowed to carry a concealed handgun in Virginia using a Florida permit.

edit: grammar/structure
Sounds kind of like the difference between shacking up and getting married... ? :p

TFred

Virginian683

imported post

RedKnightt wro
Some states have stricter requirements than others...Alaska's requires you to be able to hit a moose from a helicopter.
No, Alaska requires you be able to hit a Russian MiG from across the Bering Strait.

In order to provide proof of training, Sarah Palin must witness it from her house. :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Virginian683 wrote:
No, Alaska requires you be able to hit a Russian MiG from across the Bering Straight.
Is this on the windward or leeward side of the Bering Crook? I can't keep it strait. :lol:

Yata hey

nova

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
darthmord wrote:

Yata hey
I have a ME permit and am waiting for my NH permit. Sent the NH app in about two weeks ago. I heard they are backlogged with apps on a different forum. Oh well I was hoping to have it before the end of Dec. for when I go up north.

Darylvb

imported post

nova wrote:
I have a ME permit and am waiting for my NH permit. Sent the NH app in about two weeks ago. I heard they are backlogged with apps on a different forum. Oh well I was hoping to have it before the end of Dec. for when I go up north.
I mailed out my application for NH permit on the 1st of October and got it in the mail the 29th of October. One day less than it took for my Virginia permit. So you shouldget it in the next week or so.