• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Delaware now honors VA CHP

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Progress!

Pretty soon the only thing left to conquer on the east coast will be NY & Md. - wish.

I remember goose hunting on Bombay Hook but had to OC my shotgun and wear camo to get by. Best breakfast in the state was at the Smerna Diner - at least at 3:30 A.M.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Just to be an ass, I think that's Smyrna Diner. :)
Ok, you're an ass :lol: but you're right. I'm buyin' so pull up a bench - gotta few stories to tell :lol:

Yata hey

Tomahawk

imported post

This is good news. Hopefully VA will return the favor some day. Now MD is the only wart on the ass of the DelMarVa region...
Pretty soon the only thing left to conquer on the east coast will be NY & Md. - wish.

And NJ.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
This is good news. Hopefully VA will return the favor some day. Now MD is the only wart on the ass of the DelMarVa region...

And NJ.
Is NJ still a seperate state? Maybe HankT can shed some light on this for me.

Yata hey

paramedic70002

imported post

Now if we could just get the rest of the (ahem) southern states to play ball...

There are two interstate routes to Texas, but only one of them is gun traveler friendly, and I have to drive through northern territories to get there.

RedKnightt

imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:

There are two interstate routes to Texas, but only one of them is gun traveler friendly, and I have to drive through northern territories to get there.
Which northern territories? You can drive to Texas on I-81 to I-40 to I-30 through Tennessee and Arkansas, both of whom recognize the Va permit. You can even turn south through Mississippi and/or Lousiana, as they recognize it also.

Of the "Southern States", only Alabama and Georgia don't yet recognize the Va resident permit, and I believe Georgia is currently undergoing negotiation.

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

ODA 226

imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:

A New Hampshire or Utah permit would quickly settle that issue. NH cost $20.00 and a 30 day wait is good for 5 years and there are no additional training requirements.

Pro Shooter is a Utah instructor. Give him a shout!