• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I SO want one....

Daddyo

imported post

I want one too. I've been watching its development for quite a while. Was thinking about one as a Christmas present to myself, but I think my disposable income took a big hit the last couple of days.

eyesopened

imported post

Daddyo wrote:
I want one too. I've been watching its development for quite a while. Was thinking about one as a Christmas present to myself, but I think my disposable income took a big hit the last couple of days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Xqa2vwq60

Yeah been wondering when it was going to come out. Last I heard it was still in development, but this looks closer to production.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Looks cool, but that front ejection method looks like it's begging to jam. Someone even commented on thevideo about how lack-luster the ejection is.They almost just fall out. Good round of choice though. How much $$? I'm looking fora semi-auto rifle.

David.Car

imported post

I don't like the concept of having the firing mechanism wrapped between my chest and my arm while in a firing position... In a catastrophic failure I think this firearm would cause a whole crap load more damage to the shooter than a normal firearm.

Edit: If you watch the youtube video, in that firing stance you are resting your face right ON TOP of the firing chamber... Begging for an accident...

FogRider

imported post

David.Car wrote:
I don't like the concept of having the firing mechanism wrapped between my chest and my arm while in a firing position... In a catastrophic failure I think this firearm would cause a whole crap load more damage to the shooter than a normal firearm.

Edit: If you watch the youtube video, in that firing stance you are resting your face right ON TOP of the firing chamber... Begging for an accident...
On the website the mention that the receiver has been reinforced, presumably to avoid that. Yes, it could fail, but normal firearms do that on occasion as well.

Daddyo

imported post

Impact Guns is currently accepting orders for $1800. Last I heard over at KTOG.org they should be delivering them in time for Christmas (like any of us will have money by then). The forward eject thing bothered me a bit at first, but watching the video I realized that the shells just slide right out at the slightest downward incline. Seems to work, and FN uses it too on the FS2000.

thorvaldr

imported post

On the surface, it looks like an FS 2000 for several hundred less and in .308 instead of .223. Definately a better deal if Kel Tec builds decent guns. Does Kel Tec build decent guns?

For me, this is academic. I like Ar-15's.

compmanio365

imported post

thorvaldr wrote:
On the surface, it looks like an FS 2000 for several hundred less and in .308 instead of .223. Definately a better deal if Kel Tec builds decent guns. Does Kel Tec build decent guns?

For me, this is academic. I like Ar-15's.
I definitely like the choice of.308for a cartridge. Not meaning to start a caliber flame war here, just my preference.....I don't care for .223/5.56 at all. I like the rifle just from the look of it, and I love my Kel Tec PF-9.....definitely not a BBQ gun, but gets the job done at a great price. If the quality of the RFB is at least as good as the PF-9, I'd be happy with it.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Oooh! I want! KelTec has really impressed me so far. My P3AT has yet to fail :). I will wait to consider purchasing one of these until I see how reliable it is under extreme conditions. Any gun can shoot wonderfully at the range after a fresh cleaning (AR-15) but I want to know if this thing is going to last a few muddy, messy days, or maybe even weeks, without a cleaning kit in sight (AK-47).

I really really like the fact that they're using the .308, though. This gives me another option besides the M-14. (I'm not saying this thing is the same as an M-14..I'm just saying it's an assault type weapon in the same caliber. That's where the similarities end.)

Daddyo

imported post

I've really enjoyed my SU16. The machine work on it is a bit rough, to reduce cost, so it requires either a bit of breaking in or some polish work here and there. But for the most part it has been quite reliable and very accurate. But word is that the RFB will be much more refined and ready to go out of the box.

My wife carries a P32 which she is also quite happy with, although it's a bit small for me to get my mits around.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Daddyo wrote:
Impact Guns is currently accepting orders for $1800. Last I heard over at KTOG.org they should be delivering them in time for Christmas (like any of us will have money by then). The forward eject thing bothered me a bit at first, but watching the video I realized that the shells just slide right out at the slightest downward incline. Seems to work, and FN uses it too on the FS2000.

That's a pretty decent price. Might be worth the littleextra over the PS90 I've been looking at.

As for that front ejection, that's exactly what bothers me. Sure theyfall outif you tilt it down, but what if you're firing repeatedly at atslight incline? Looks like they'd pile up before reaching the top and falling out. That kind of worries me.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Daddyo wrote:

That's a pretty decent price. Might be worth the littleextra over the PS90 I've been looking at.

As for that front ejection, that's exactly what bothers me. Sure theyfall outif you tilt it down, but what if you're firing repeatedly at atslight incline? Looks like they'd pile up before reaching the top and falling out. That kind of worries me.

In the video, they do pile up, and then fall out a few at a time. The tubeseems to benarrow enough to keep the shells from tipping sideways or doubling up, but wide enough so that they freely slide out. This ejection design may make casing retention very easy, too.

It's definitely different, but I seriously doubt they would implement the design without first assuring that it worked flawlessly.

David.Car

imported post

FogRider wrote:
Yes, it could fail, but normal firearms do that on occasion as well.
Yeah, but at least with a normal firearm the failures are further away from your body and not trapped between your arm, chest, and head...

Like letting a firecracker go off in an outstretched hand vs a clutched fist. One is going to get a little damage, the other is going to be missing fingers.