• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Orleans Settles Re: Katrina Seizures

rodbender

imported post

And what about compensation for the ones that were smashed on the curb or kept by officers or thrown into the Big Muddy according to accounts by some New Orleans LEOs. There is no monetary award in the settlement according to Cam & Co. last night. NRA is really the pits these days. I belonged to the NRA back in the late 60s early 70s. They were pretty stauch back then, but notnow. What happened?

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Mike wrote:
mark edward marchiafava wrote:
However, despite MY asking, neither the NRA (negotiate rights away) nor the SAF (second amendment frauds) have done anything to push for CRIMINAL prosecution.
Who are you going to "push"? Criminal prosecutions are a political act of the sovereign - government almost never prosecutes itself. Don't waste your time.
In this nation, the supreme sovereign are the people.. not the government or the entity known as the United States. This is basic civics.

unreconstructed1

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
I'm soooooooooo glad someone other than me understands that simple fact concerning sovereignty. Or, as the bible teaches, the creaTION cannot be greater than the creaTOR.
IF we lived in a Constitutional Republic such as our founders intended, I would very much agree. BUT, the incidents involving the jack booted thugs in NOLA ought to be a great example that our Republic has been lost to us.

honestly, I am truly surprised that the Grand Jury even bothered to speak with you, but since they have, I wish you the best of luck. it is only with actions such as yours, which serve as a reminder to the PTB that WE are still the ones in charge, that any regression towards Republic will ever be made.

imported post

The grand jury didn't talk with me, just the foreperson who should be back in touch with me shortly. If I don't hear from her by Tuesday, I'll call her again and keep ya'll posted. If things go as planned, I'll start a thread here on it.
Sure do appreciate all the support/interest in this matter, trust me.

G

imported post

rodbender wrote:
And what about compensation for the ones that were smashed on the curb or kept by officers or thrown into the Big Muddy according to accounts by some New Orleans LEOs. There is no monetary award in the settlement according to Cam & Co. last night. NRA is really the pits these days. I belonged to the NRA back in the late 60s early 70s. They were pretty stauch back then, but not now. What happened?

I'm afraid they've been co-opted. Infiltrated. Or run by people who think the 2d Amendment has something to do with hunting, e.g. Joaquin Jackson.

And yeah, it's horrible what happened in Katrina. I suspect that was a trial balloon to how compliant the public would be when they start confiscating guns.

I posted earlier a link to an article speculating that there were as many as 500 phantom cops on the NOPD payroll, and then I thought it wasn't relevant to this thread. On second thought, perhaps the powers that be in New Orleans wanted the public disarmed before the truth came out about how badly the taxpayers were being defrauded, and they didn't want people having the power to revolt. Which also explains all the rumors of martial law we're hearing regarding the financial crisis.

"What's done at night will come to light" - old German saying