• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry or conceled carry

mustang_mtn

imported post

If you have aLTCH for the state of In. is their a limit to the number of weapons you can carry? Not that I want to carry around 10 handguns, but can I carry more than 1 legally?

squisher

imported post

It doesn't specify, so I don't see why not.

Although packing as much heat as Neo in the office building scene from The Matrix may be a bit over the top, I do believe it would be legal.

Think of it this way, what's the difference between 2 guns (primary and BUG) and 3 (2 primaries and a BUG)? Or the difference between 3 and 4 (2 primaries and 2 BUGs)?

Per the LTCH:

The Licensee is hereby licensed by the Indiana State Police to carry on their person or in a vehicle, any handgun lawfully possessed by Licensee. ...

So, as long as you legally possess (not necessarily OWN mind you) them all, it would appear you can carry as many as you want.

(BTW, IANAL so if you're really worried about it you might check with one).

squarepeg

imported post

You know, I was thinking more of il Duce from Boondock Saints, and really wanted to find a pick, but oh well. I agree that I see no verbage in the laws I have read to say how many. Although I am sure you will get more man with a gun calls if multiple are openly carried.

squisher

imported post

squarepeg wrote:
You know, I was thinking more of il Duce from Boondock Saints, and really wanted to find a pick, but oh well. I agree that I see no verbage in the laws I have read to say how many. Although I am sure you will get more man with a gun calls if multiple are openly carried.
Or that :)

I forgot about Il Duce. Maybe not quite as many guns (at least 6) but (at least 6 times) more bad-ass.

:celebrate