• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Positive Experience

sailor628

imported post

Had a mini date with my wife tonight and went to Boppin' Bo's for some ice cream. We were in a booth and I had my strong side out. A gentleman with his wife in another booth across from us caught our attention and he asked me if I was a cop. I replied "No, just a good American." He asked if it was legal to carry like that. I told him the basics and that I carry openly all over the place. The gentleman told me he had a CPL but didn't know it was legal to open carry. I explained that no one has ever given me a hard time about it and that open carry was a growing movement. Of course I referred him to opencarry.org. After I paid I gave him a wave on my way out.

t3rmin

imported post

Doesn't surprise me. Boppin' Bo's is kinda Michael Delavar meetup central. Michael Delavar is the Republican candidate for 3rd district congressman, running against Brian Baird. Delavar is VERY pro-2a.

t3rmin

imported post

Michael is going to be here in Centralia tomorrow evening. I don't know if I can make it, but if I do, I'll be sure to open carry.

I just won a battle with Centralia over carry in parks, which makes it extra-sweet every time I do it. ;-)