• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida Petition For Open Carry Reaches 2000!!!

metalworks

imported post

nearly 100 bucks, that's hard to swallow. I wonder what the cost is on these things....

CBEST~~UCII.45

imported post

I just joined today after reading about this sitein my Oct. 2008 Issue of USCCA, Vol 5. It is my sincere desire to see Florida adopt the Open Carry Law again. I have a CCW License and signed your petion today,and will monitor this situation as it developes. I applaud you for your passion of this issue.

CBEST

CBEST~~UCII.45

imported post

Thanks for the welcome. I noticed the other day on the Home Pagethat Texas and several other States were getting good print for Open Carry. That's great~~I hope their petitions go through successfully. I also noticed that Florida doesn't seeem to be a priortiy in that department. As a Life Member in the NRA, myself and numerous others wrote letters to Gov. Christ to helpfill several Supreme Court Justice vacancies with Justices who completely back our Second Amendment rights. This was accomplished as well as Gov. Christ and members of Senate getting HB503-"Guns locked up in your car bill" passed. Wouldn't now be the time to start the push for Open Carry here? Being a Florida law abiding AmericanCitizen who is "Legally Licensed" To Carry, I believe we should also be able to Open Carry. Is this issue been put on the back burner here in Florida?

Thanks again for the welcome,

Chuck~~CBEST~~UCII.45

CBEST~~UCII.45

imported post

Welcome aboard Papi. I'm a new kid on the block also and am glad to see the petition growing. I hope that a lot moreintellegent and 2nd Amendment proponents keep signing this petition and thatwe can get it submitted with all the passion the Texan's are showing.

Chuck~~CBEST~~UCII.45:cool: