• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A woman said she was shot in the leg by her stove.

TheMrMitch

imported post

Slackware Robert...et al...I used to put my hand guns (before I owned a lot) in plastic and drop them in my burn barrel outside if I went anywhere for a day or two. Always put wood ortrash over them.:D

markand

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I'm curious, did the shell eject or did it end up in the stove pipe.

;)
Since she probably missed dinner over this, would we call it a "failure to feed"? Wonder what the practice drill would be (MacDonald's)?

KBCraig

imported post

Wait... didn't anyone catch on to the fact that she lit her stove with newspaper? Why don't we have common-sense restrictions on newspapers? If only she'd had to register these newspapers (after passing a basic background check before purchasing them), then she wouldn't have been so irresponsible as to casually toss them in the stove.

After all, who knows where that smoke might go? Some child might breath it!

We need common-sense registration and restrictions on newspapers. It's for the children!

Alexcabbie

imported post

Only have one stove joke:

A guy is taking skydiving lessons an is gonna make his first solo jump. Theinstructor says: "Remember, count to ten and pull the RIP CORD. Now, if your chute doesn't deploy, pull the EMERGENCY CORD and your Reserve Chute will deploy. Got it??"

The guy says "Got it" and jumps, but when he pulls the ripcord nothing happens, and he sees the ground coming up and panics and forgets everything. He is sure he's gonna die until he sees another guy flying straight up at him. He grabs the other guy and they both continue up. The tyro chutist yells at him: "Quick!!we're gonna start falling again!! Do you know anything about opening a parachute??

The other guy says, "Uh, no. You know anything about lighting a gas stove?:celebrate:banghead::celebrate