• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A woman said she was shot in the leg by her stove.

PT111

imported post

Have to watch out for stoves anymore.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27091414/

SEKIU, Wash. - A woman said she was shot in the leg by her stove. Cory Davis told the Peninsula Daily News she had just stoked her cast-iron heating stove Sunday when she heard a loud bang and was struck in her left calf.

Davis said a case of shotgun shells spilled about a month ago at her home and one must have landed in the newspapers she used to light the stove.

She removed a metal fragment herself and was treated Monday at Forks Community Hospital.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

No gun involved::no 'D'

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D93MMOP80&show_article=1&catnum=1
SEKIU, Wash. (AP) - A woman in Washington state says her cast-iron stove shot her in the leg.

Cory Davis tells the Peninsula Daily News that she had just stoked the heating stove in her home Sunday when she heard a loud bang and was struck in her left calf.

She says she initially thought "that was one fast hot coal flying at me."

In fact, she was hit by part of a 22-gauge shotgun shell that she had accidentally put into the stove with newspapers she used to light it.

A box of shells had spilled nearby a few weeks before.

Davis says she removed the metal fragment herself Sunday and sought treatment for the shallow wound the next day.
http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/article/20081008/NEWS/810080304

SEKIU — Cory Davis, 56, had just finished stoking her cast-iron stove to heat her home when something inside it exploded. With a loud bang, she was struck on the inside of her left calf. "I kept thinking, 'geeze that was one fast hot coal flying at me,'" she said, with a laugh. "But it wasn't a coal." It was part of a 22-gauge shotgun shell that had been accidentally placed in the stove along with some newspaper. Davis said a case of the ammo had spilled in her home, located at Hoko-Ozette Road, about a month ago. She thinks one shell was in newspaper she had used to light the stove. "There's always that one problem stray," she said. "And of course, it got me." Davis said she removed the metal fragment from her wound early Sunday morning, then visited Forks Community Hospital on Monday. A doctor cleaned the wound and gave her a tetanus shot. The wound was shallow and didn't require any more treatment, said Sgt. Brian King of the Clallam County Sheriff's Department. King said that because of his concern that the shell might have been discharged from a firearm, the doctor contacted the Clallam County Sheriff's Department. No remnants of the shell were found inside the wound. King said a similar incident injured a hunter several years ago. In that case, bullets had fallen into a fire while the hunters were sleeping. One of the hunters was hit in a leg. Though her leg hurts, Davis manages to find humor in it all. "How many people get shot by your stove?" she said, laughing. Last modified: October 07. 2008 9:00PM
[align=left] [/align]

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Maybe she ment one of 22 shotgun shells she loaded. Although if you have a custom stove, I guess it could use custom size shells. But there goes my
favorite ammo storage location, I always kept mine in the firewood pile, next
to the hot stove.

Now for the big question... Was the stove 'full choke'?:banghead:

David.Car

imported post

even though it wasn't a disharge, definitly negligent not accidental... They spilled the ammo into the fire kindling pile, and than put it into the stove... It resulted in an accident, but arrived through the negligent clean up of spilled ammo ;)

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:

There's got to be a way to blame the anti-gunners for this. Or the NRA.

Or LEO 299...

We must think of the linkage!

MetalChris

imported post

HankT wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

Or LEO 299...

I love ya Doug, but I must admit I LoLed.

I am ashamed.

PT111

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
HankT wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

Or LEO 299...

I love ya Doug, but I must admit I LoLed.

I am ashamed.
Actually there was a gun involved, just a funny shaped one. There have been a few built over the years that probablylooked less like a gun than the stove.

M

mdgary

imported post

Good thing it was a single shot and not full auto!
humor_009.gif

GWbiker

imported post

We must call for legislation for a nationwide registration of all stoves. Far to many persons are mishandling stoves with the resulting injury and even death to innocent people.

We must do it for the children!

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

The first big news item to come out of Sekiu (pronounced CQ) in years has to be this?? I fish up there every summer in the Strait for Salmon.

madcapmag

imported post

Its easier to carry a stove than a cop.... :D

Stove control means using 1 piece of wood, not 2.

Its always better to heat and not eat, than to eat and not heat. (for your stomach, that is)

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Carnivore wrote:
.... or their would have been a local ordinance broken too..

Aha! The linkage!

Why hasn't the NRA eliminated those anti-2A and unconstitutional ordinances?????

Hmmmm, Wayne LaPierre?????

I'm waiting....