• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Law says you can't carry in a hospital...

rdinatal

imported post

BRobb19 wrote:
Why is this post even here? Hospitals are STATE GOVERNMENT OWNED.

Very surpring that several of you do not know that already.

Who did you fine gentlemen think owns our hospitals?

I will disagree, they are not all gov owned:

Novant Health is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare system in western North Carolina that serves more than 3.5 million people in 34 counties reaching from southern Virginia to northern South Carolina. Novant was formed July 1, 1997 by the merger of Carolina Medicorp of Winston-Salem, North Carolina and Presbyterian Health Services of Charlotte, North Carolina.

Novant Health owns Presbyterian Hospital,a private, non-profit regional medical center andone of the largest health care institutions in the Carolinas.

The government does not own this, and I suspect, most other hospitals. The exceptions may be some State Institutions (VA, etc.) those are vastly different then hospitals.

-R

RayBurton72

imported post

BRobb19 wrote:
Why is this post even here? Hospitals are STATE GOVERNMENT OWNED.

Very surpring that several of you do not know that already.

Who did you fine gentlemen think owns our hospitals?

Umm, private, often not-for profit, Healthcare companies, such as

Moses Cone Healthcare system which owns about a dozen hospitals in and around Greensboro, NC.

Wake Forest University BAPTIST Medical Center

BRobb19: Try to dial down the sarcasm, especially when you don't know what you are talking about - it makes you look like a troll

BRobb19

NEAR Chapel Hill/Durham, North Carolina, USA
imported post

WTF? Where do you think they receive their funding? Millions and millions of dollars are required just to open a small hospital. Do you think they come from donations from John Smith and Mark Jones? Do you think they come from the $5 donations that you and your mom might donate?

The money comes from GOVERNMENT funding.

Do your own research, you sound like an idiot.

TFED12

imported post

Duke University Hospital-----Private.

Durham Regional Hospital----Private.

Duke-Raleigh Hospital-----Private.
Central Carolina Hospital----Private

Alamance Regional Medical Center---Private.

Cape Fear Valley MedicalCenter---Private.

Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center--Private.

Also, just because something is government funded does not mean it is government owned.

JM2C

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

Not all hospitals are government/state/county owned. Our company sales software to hospitals, so we're well aware of who owns each hospital. If you would like to research it for yourself, go to http://www.AHD.com and click on the "Free Hospital Information" link, which will give you an array of information on every hospital in this country, including their "Type of Control" or ownership.

Now, hospitals are regulated by the state agency called DFS or DHHS, but they're just a regualting agency who ensures the hospital is providing appropriate care to the patients.

Just because they get funding from the government, such as medicare/medicaid, doesn't mean they are government/state owned. Only a portion of revenue generated by a hospital is paid via Medicare/Medicaid, but that does not constitue ownership by any governement. The majority of hospitals in NC are privately owned hospitals. That's like saying banks that borrow federal money from the government to make loans available are governement owned. Then again, before much longer they probably will be partially owned, at the taxpayers expense. I'll get off of my short soapbox now...

You probably shouldn't be calling people idiots, before doing your research...

RayBurton72

imported post

Since the OP's question has been answered, let's let this go.

It is pretty obvious that BRobb19 has no interest in actually learning anything here,

This is, after all, the guy who claims Obama has never opposed Concealed Carry, argued that no one under 21 can legally own a handgun, denied that purchase permit requirement differ by county in NC, and of course, either truely believes that hospitals are governmetn owned, or likes to troll.

Either way, let's just let him be.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Well I hate to ask this, but even if they ARE State owned, show me the law that says you can't go on ANY State property...