Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did the unthinkable today....

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Chuck E. Cheese !

Yep, I did it. Had dinner there tonight with the kids and OC'd since they sell beer. Must have walked past at least 5 employees and no one said a word. Few parents looked but nothing unusual.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

hey which one did u do it at? the west broad one or the midlo one? i may or may not have cc at one of them cause i did not remeber if they served beer or not...cant remember..darn memory loss...hey judged by 12 or carried by 6...our kids need to be protected...so what was the outcome? any shock and awe? of course u kinda look like a cop..so....but then again when im clean shaven and crew cut(bout once a month)..so do i..been asked..oh i dont know 25 or so times before i quit counting:celebrateim not,,my power starts and stops on military instilations..(God bless mp's)....insider info...bout ten years ago...my sis worked for them for over a year while she was in high school and told me sometimes one of the guys that dressed as the mouse would do lines of coke in the bathroom before dressing up and acting the part...so im all for oc or cc at places like this...just never know...one of the reasonsshe quit working there....fyi

Post imported post

When I read the title of the thread and all that has happened to Dan I thought you had gone to Waterside.:what:
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Post imported post

ballester wrote:
    hey which one did u do it at? the west broad one or the midlo one? i may or may not have cc at one of them cause i did not remeber if they served beer or not...cant remember..darn memory loss...hey judged by 12 or carried by 6...our kids need to be protected...so what was the outcome? any shock and awe? of course u kinda look like a cop..so....but then again when im clean shaven and crew cut(bout once a month)..so do i..been asked..oh i dont know 25 or so times before i quit counting:celebrateim not,,my power starts and stops on military instilations..(God bless mp's)....insider info...bout ten years ago...my sis worked for them for over a year while she was in high school and told me sometimes one of the guys that dressed as the mouse would do lines of coke in the bathroom before dressing up and acting the part...so im all for oc or cc at places like this...just never know...one of the reasonsshe quit working there....fyi
    I was at the West Broad one. I'm looking less and less "cop-like" these days. I havent shaved in a few days and was wearing a Yankees shirt, a pair of 5.11 shorts and a ballcapso I doubt anyone mistook me for my former line of work.

The outcome was that no one really noticed. Or didnt say anything anyway. I was kind of disappointed. No one ever says anything. I'm one of the folks who never has a confrontation with anyone. No one ever asks, comments, calls the police, etc Guess I'm lucky in that regard.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

mobeewan wrote:
    When I read the title of the thread and all that has happened to Dan I thought you had gone to Waterside.:what:
    haha, thats not out of the realm of possibilities........I like to stir the pot.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    Had dinner there tonight with the kids and OC'd

With a REAL gun??!!?? :what:
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:

yep, and there were kids there too!

James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

My only problem with my kids and my guns... the kids keep drawing attention to my guns (whether I'm carrying or not). They keep wanting to tell everyone we have them.

Post imported post

darthmord wrote:
    My only problem with my kids and my guns... the kids keep drawing attention to my guns (whether I'm carrying or not). They keep wanting to tell everyone we have them.
    my kids are so used to them that its not an issue. My son does want to keep handing out our business cards thoughto everyone passing by
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

I have never had a problem at a Chuck E Cheese - well except for the quality of the food.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...amp;forum_id=7

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:

When someone asks if that gun's real I should say "Nope, it's fake" to see their reaction.

Post imported post

That "Is that a REAL gun" question drives me nuts. Like... 'Here's yer sign'. I've used: "No it's not a real gun,it just playsone on TV"... and: "No... but it stayed at a Holiday Inn last night."

The other one...: "Is that SUPPOSED to be a gun?" Now... this ain't no mouse gun... it's a S-A 1911-A1 .45acp. I dunno where these idgits come from... but it's a LONG way from here.

The .45LC SAA gets the most attention... and I've carried that periodically. Everybody recognizes the shape... but will invariably ask if it's a .357?

Post imported post

I CC'd at Chuck E. Cheese in Virginia Beach for my nephew's birthday. I didn't know they sold alcohol there! OOOPS!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    I CC'd at Chuck E. Cheese in Virginia Beach for my nephew's birthday. I didn't know they sold alcohol there! OOOPS!
    neither did I

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    I think you mean that you NEARLY CC'd there, right???

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    Is that SUPPOSED to be a gun?" Now... this ain't no mouse gun
    Sometimes I get that when I OC my Kimber Ultra carry II and a couple of girls at an OC dinner were like.. "Wow Ed.. you have a little one!! It's cute, but it's little"
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

THEN... you showed 'em the BIG'un? :celebrate

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    I didn't know they sold alcohol there! OOOPS!
    Without the sale of alcohol there would be a very large number of children left at the Rat's house by parents and other adults who otherwise could not abide the behavior of said children.

Personally I do not believe they could sell me enough alcohol to entice me to every set foot inside again. (Event was kiddo's 6th b'day party - kiddo is now 23. Some traumas you never recover from.)

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Anti - "Oh...but think of the Children!"

You - "I am thinking of the Children. They are the reason I carry"

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Chuck E. Cheese !

Yep, I did it. Had dinner there tonight with the kids and OC'd since they sell beer. Must have walked past at least 5 employees and no one said a word. Few parents looked but nothing unusual.
    In the majority of these random events that are posted here, I have come to believe the employees and patrons feel the person carrying the gun is an off duty police officer. Even in the city-county I live in, I think if and when a police officer sees someone carrying a gun, they too assume it is an off duty police officer. Turnover in departments around here is so large the cops often don't even know each other week to week. I would even venture to guess that if the employees and patrons did know a person was not an off duty cop -- they would call the police. But all of this is speculation on my behalf.

They can assume whatever they like, as long as we don't ever claim to be a LEO if we are not.

Post imported post

Sheriff - I might agree with you, but there's a few differences.

Most off duty cops are not out there showing off their gun. If its displayed, they have a badge pinned up next to it. Aside from some fresh recruit out of ther academy, I cant think of any reason to display the gun openly and no badge if the person is a LEO. I really think that people are just a little clueless sometimes and in their own world and maybe do not even see the gun, or see the holster and assume its something else. Its the ones who are a little more aware of their surroundings that spot the gun and either accept it or panic
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Chuck E. Cheese !

In the majority of these random events that are posted here, I have come to believe the employees and patrons feel the person carrying the gun is an off duty police officer. Even in the city-county I live in, I think if and when a police officer sees someone carrying a gun, they too assume it is an off duty police officer. Turnover in departments around here is so large the cops often don't even know each other week to week. I would even venture to guess that if the employees and patrons did know a person was not an off duty cop -- they would call the police. But all of this is speculation on my behalf.
    You travel in distinctly different circles than I do then as 90-95% of the OCers that I know (it is a very sizeable number) could not look less like off duty LEOs.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

You travel in distinctly different circles than I do then as 90-95% of the OCers that I know (it is a very sizeable number) could not look less like off duty LEOs.

Yata hey

I'd agree with that... It may be departmental policy that off-duty cops must carry concealed... regardless of the state. I've never seen any Deputy's, Border Patrol or Park Rangersthat I recognize carrying openly here. 'Next time I see one, I'll ask 'em. The Border Patrol seem to be among the most gun friendly LEO's I've encountered. I think they would welcome 'civilian' backup readily if push came to shove.

Post imported post

They sell beer there so you can choke down that garbage they call pizza. And yes I too was surprised they sold beer, found out AFTER the event.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast